2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Proud new owner of a 2015 M3 here. I took delivery of my M3 just last friday and had an amazing 400km drive home from the dealer. See pics below!

A word on the car: It's like I mentioned a 2015 hatchback showroom model, with the 2l petrol engine and a manual trans, with the soul red exterior and off-white leather interior. It has the top equipment package called Optimum (the others being Core and Vision). This roughly equals the sGT package you have across the pond, and possibly elsewhere, minus the sunroof and with the smaller engine.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
:welcome: and congrats. Great to have another member from Europe. Thanks very much for the beautiful pictures! The car and the Norwegian landscape are both stunning. Looking forward to hearing more from you in the forums.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also welcome here from a fellow wiking!
The 3 hatch is clearly the best looking small hatchback - especially the Soul Red. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome! I love how the new body style looks :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride from another international member. What is the horsepower rating on the 2 liter engine in Norway?
It's a humble 120bhp. For tax/emission purposes probably :)
I find it quite "dead" up to 2000-2500 rpm, compared to my old 131bhp Ford/Mercury Cougar which had a very linear power output, but from 2500 and up it has a very satisfying pull. I was initially thinking of getting it tuned, but I'm perfectly content with the power it has as standard.

..but I'll be keeping an eye on the tuning debate none the less ;)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Thanks everyone!

It's a humble 120bhp. For tax/emission purposes probably :)
I find it quite "dead" up to 2000-2500 rpm, compared to my old 131bhp Ford/Mercury Cougar which had a very linear power output, but from 2500 and up it has a very satisfying pull. I was initially thinking of getting it tuned, but I'm perfectly content with the power it has as standard.

..but I'll be keeping an eye on the tuning debate none the less ;)
Very interesting. The USA 2 liter engine puts out 155hp with 13:1 compression ratio. You may be able to tune some ponies out of your engine. Here in Thailand we only have one option, the Japanese spec 2 liter with 14:1 compression and 165hp.
Happy motoring,
rokit

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very interesting. The USA 2 liter engine puts out 155hp with 13:1 compression ratio. You may be able to tune some ponies out of your engine. Here in Thailand we only have one option, the Japanese spec 2 liter with 14:1 compression and 165hp.
Happy motoring,
rokit
Yep, mine is 14:1 as well, according to the owner's manual. Should definitely be able to squeeze out some extra oomph with a tune, especially with the 95 octane we're running here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts