2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hacker
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop a note and say hello. I'm not new to Mazda - my current is my 6th (technically including the Protege I bought for the engine\trans\ecu to swap into my first 323).

I had a '92 and '93 323. The first got the 1.8 16v swap, ported+polished, straight exhaust, gutted interior, lowered, braced, big sub, etc.. I could lift the back of the car by myself.. The next 323 was left stock, except full flat-black paint, wheels, and a stereo.

I've had a 2009 3i four door 5 speed (metropolitan gray), a 2010 3s hatch 6 speed (black mica), and my current 2012 3s GT hatch 6 speed (black mica).

In addition to that I also own a '72 Triumph GT6.

I worked at Morrie's Mazda directly for 3 years, before doing marketing for their Maserati \ Bentley dealership, and finally doing marketing for the dealer group for the last 3 years. (I now work at an ad agency in Minneapolis)

While I was there I got to drive a lot of cars - I've lost count of how many Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bentleys, Maseratis and the rest of the crazy cars I've driven, but I've always been partial to Mazdas. They've always been a great mix of driver-centric engineering, and not shy about keeping the joy in driving. The RX-8 is still one of my all-time favorite cars to drive.

While at the Mazda store I designed and built MazdaGear.com - which I'm sure some of you are aware of. That's actually how I found out about this forum originally (I could see the referrer traffic in the analytics).

I also got to work directly with Mazda USA on a few projects they were working on internally, including getting to see the new CX-5 a year before it debuted, early previews of the new 6, and still review some of their advertising before it goes public. (The agency I work for is the agency the dealer group I was at uses - so I still work on their stuff quite a bit)

I signed up for the forums after deciding to upgrade my rather shitty BOSE stereo. After perusing the posts by other members, how-tos, photos, wiring diagrams, etc - I knew this was a forum I needed to sign up for. I'll document my install, in case it helps anyone else.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts

·
Hacker
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL - like you said - I'm pretty well versed in Mazda, but thanks for the links.

I've been eyeing about $2k worth of stuff from Corksport - but will probably forego much in the mechanical mods department until I drive the 6speed of the new 3s, whenever that finally comes out. After driving the new 2014 i Touring - I'm probably going to jump on the first one I can, but only automatics in the S five door for now..

@swerv - I've been around the Mazda block for a while.. Don't want someone thinking I'm a n00b. ;)

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
LOL - like you said - I'm pretty well versed in Mazda, but thanks for the links.

I've been eyeing about $2k worth of stuff from Corksport - but will probably forego much in the mechanical mods department until I drive the 6speed of the new 3s, whenever that finally comes out. After driving the new 2014 i Touring - I'm probably going to jump on the first one I can, but only automatics in the S five door for now..

@swerv - I've been around the Mazda block for a while.. Don't want someone thinking I'm a n00b. ;)
It's all good. I'm not as versed as you but we have owned 5 mazdas ourselves.

·
Hacker
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. How do you like that Veloster? The group I worked for has a Hyundai store, and I drove the Genesis when it came out, but the quality just wasn't there. Doors sounded like crap, cheap plastic in the interior, etc. That Veloster is pretty damn cool looking, but I haven't driven one yet.

My brothers also had a Speed Protege, a P5, and one of them is driving a CX-5 now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts