2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Potential Owner
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning folks. I've decided to move back away from Jeeps and back into cars again. I recently posted my 1997 Cherokee up for sale and have been scouring the internet for Hatches and Wagons to get into.

My past with cars has usually been small and somewhat sporty starting with a 2003 Focus ZX5 that was a ton of fun to drive then moving back into a Jeep then back into another smallish car when I picked up a Saturn Ion Redline that I autocrossed for a few years. While I owned that Redline I got into a 91 Miata that I stiffed up the chassis on and added a supercharger to. Now that was a fun car. Supercharged and weighing in at just under a ton. Heckyeah. When I got orders to california I decided I needed something a little newer with less miles so I scooped up a 2005 Mustang GT/CS and drove that for about two years until I got tired of it and went back into a Cherokee haha. There were plenty of places to use such a vehicle in California but now that I've moved back to Texas there are not nearly as many places to go wheeling...........So the Jeeps for sale and in my searching so far the Mazda 3 Hatchback has caught my eye.

So over the next few days I'll be shopping around and visiting dealerships until I find one that fits my needs. Less miles than my Jeep, Manual trans, and not beat up. So far the manual trans part is the hardest to find. Damn us Americans and our love of automagic transmissions haha.

My past is I joined the Marine Corps straight out of High School and spend 13 years working in the Air Wing side. 5 years as a gas turbine engine mechanic and 8 years as a Life Support Systems technician, spent 4 and a half years in Jacksonville, NC. 5 years in Fort Worth on NAS Fort Worth JRB and 3 years in San Diego on MCAS Miramar I hit high year tenure in 2016 and ended my active service in August of 2016. I'm now trying to start a career with in the Fire Service currently trying to get on with Garland Fire Department. I'm currently working at a firearms store and range in Lewisville, Tx (Northwest Dallas) until I get a fire job nailed down.

Anywho hope to see some of ya'll around and look forward to getting into this community of car owners. Here's a few pics of my past cars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
First, thanks for your service, my son-in-law served at Al Asad supporting F/A-18Ds and left the corps as an E-5 seven years ago. He’s been working at the Boeing plant in Saint Louis since his departure.

Nice group of cars, my daughter had a 2000 ZX3 manual that replaced the totaled 2003 Civic EX manual. I drive a Mazda6 Touring manual. I get up to Dallas, Energy Square off 75 about once a month. Send me a private message of the location of the range and I may swing over with my little Buck Mark Micro Bull and run through a couple of hundred rounds with you!

Attachments

Reactions: downs

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome aboard. Also a DFW guy here (arlington). Had a 2016 3, now driving a 2010 Speed 3. They can sure hustle, and you`ll enjoy that GenOne if you get it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
^^^ Granted you just picked it up, but if you care to mod it at all, I`ve got a corksport intake/turbo inlet pipe that will go on that car that I`ll damn near give away to someone local. About a 30 minute install.

·
Potential Owner
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm wanting to keep it as stock as possible in the drive train department. It's probably due for a suspension re-freshening so I may go though it and throw some minor aftermarket stuff at the suspension.

·
Potential Owner
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Only pic I have at the moment. Going back to dealer on Tuesday to get the oxidation on the headlights knocked out and the tires rotated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts