2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks! I've been on these boards for a few weeks now, but just getting around to making a formal introduction...lol. I am a proud new owner of a 2014 iGT Hatch and I love it!

After my modding days w/ 2nd & 3rd gen Mitsu Eclipses in my younger years, I made a vow NOT to mod this car for the sake of looking like a 40+ year old chump and father of 2, trying to be 20 again ;-)

You may as well flush that dream down the toilet! This car is great as is, but I just can't help myself but think of all the potential...then act on it.

Here is a current list of mild mods up to this point:
Tech Package
Maxpider Kagu 3D Floormats
OEM Soft Cargo Liner
Tinted Windows - 45% sides and rear
Clear Bra
OEM Foglights
Interior & License Plate LED package
Hardwired Passport 8500 x50 ('Add-a-Circuit' to fuse panel)
18" RX-8 Wheels - wrapped with 225/45/18 Kumho Ecsta 4x
Painted calipers front and rear - VHT 'Burnt Copper'

2 sets of Road Magnet Lowering Springs - Currently being shipped (I am a source vehicle for RM) The springs are originally marketed for the 2010-2013 M3 1.25" and 1.75" drops. I look forward to testing and reporting the actual drops for both sets (or a mixed combination if needed). Considering the lighter weight of the Gen3 vs. Gen2 Mazda3 the 1.75" set may yield about a 1.4" - 1.5" drop which would be perfect for my taste, but we will see in the coming weeks!

Also looking forward to an AxBack or CatBack exhaust; waiting to see what other manufactures come out with but the CS is my front runner at this point.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
woo more peoples!!!

welcome to the board I look forward to seeing these newer gens modded. considering I hate how the hatches look im sure itll be crazy how they change.

·
Koleshiya
31 Posts
Welcome!, You're never too old to do what you love!

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
I made a vow NOT to mod this car for the sake of looking like a 40+ year old chump and father of 2, trying to be 20 again ;-)
Welcome to the forum!

First of all... judging by your past... modding is in your blood! Anyone who modded 2nd and 3rd gen Eclipses is gangsta! LOL!!

Second... dont knock the old farts here! :cheesy: Im 36 going on 21, father of 1 (for now).
Back in 95 I modded a black 91 civic SI hatchback! (OG) LOL!!! So its in my blood.
You're only as old as you feel bro!

So mod on my man! Aint no shame in it!
In fact your wife should feel good that you bought a 'practical' car to mod! lol!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome!!! I totally agree with RedTape, no such thing as to old to mod. I'm also 36 and just actually getting into modding. Finally got me a great car that I can mod and I'm learning lots as I go and most of it has come from the great people here on this forum.

Great list of mods already on the car and I love those burnt copper calipers!!

·
Koleshiya
31 Posts
Thanks Kole.
Never too old indeed, however... Although my salary is 3x as much as it was during my single/un-married Eclipse years I feel like I have 3x less $$$ to play with! :no: Time to pull the kid out of soccer :tt2:

Sacrifices gotta start some where! lol:batman:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome!!! I totally agree with RedTape, no such thing as to old to mod. I'm also 36 and just actually getting into modding. Finally got me a great car that I can mod and I'm learning lots as I go and most of it has come from the great people here on this forum.

Great list of mods already on the car and I love those burnt copper calipers!!
Hmmm. Sounds like the Mazda 3 is the ideal Mid-Life Modder's car ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts