2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm Trevor and I'm new to your forum. My wife and I recently bought a new 2013 Mazda 3 touring 6spd with the tech. and sunroof package. We opted for the '13 over the '14. We were not a fan. I'm from Saint John, New Brunswick. I'm not much for these intros so please bear with me. Do I plan on modding the car? Nah, not a whole lot. I do plan on adding an LED lightbar to it (Behind the grill, cheesy, probably) as I commute an hour and a half through a 2 lane forest highway to get to work. The car has HIDs but a bit more light is always good to light up the ol' swamp donkeys. So far, I've put on 7000kms in 2 months and I have to say I really like this car. Much better fuel mileage compared to my truck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! What weren't you a fan about on the 14's?
The gas pedal on the one we took for a test drive felt like it should belong in a 1980s diesel pick up truck... unbelievably stiff. I HATED the after thought "tablet" radio thingamajig. It was like the design team forgot to add a radio and just whipped something together last minute. And lastly, I just didn't find the car comfortable... I drive a lot... Oh... and the headlights... didn't find them all that bright!!

Yes, I was being hyper critical but I wanted a car I truely enjoyed driving. I just don't think the '14 was right for me... now the '13... I LOVE this little car! It's fun to drive and super good on gas. The bose system makes the 0430hrs drives through the woods bearable.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
That's good that you bought what you liked not what was the newest. So may people will sacrifice things they like to have the latest greatest think. I'm with you. I drive a lot and want a car that suites my needs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think age has something to do with it! Haha, when I was younger I just HAD to have the newest and fanciest of whatever it was!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
True. I'm only 23 myself but I've been humbled. Had a speed 3. Had to sell it to get something that got better mileage. Driving way further to work now. Unfortunately I couldn't find a good used Mazda 3 in a good price range.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey Welcome!!
I'm living in Calgary but born and raised in Nova Scotia..nice to see some fellow martimers on here.
Glad your enjoying your 3, I've been loving my Gen one since I got it last may! I'm loving doing mods to it too, but nothing too crazy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts