2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just signed paperwork for a 2017 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L 6spd manual this past Friday. Very anxiously awaiting a call from my salesman to tell me if they found one for me and what my delivery date will be. I went for White exterior with the black leather interior, so essentially a fully loaded model, simply to bypass that hideous digital tachometer. Tho one cannot deny leather is nice and so is a bose stereo which came with the premium package. I plan to do simple mods like an AEM drop-in air filter, better brake pads/rotors, custom axle-back exhaust, better tires(specifically Firestone Firehawks), and maybe a few small cosmetic items like adding a hatch spoiler ect. Not lowering the vehicle, tho some Koni yellows would become nice but not a priority. I hear there is an awful amount of body roll so swaybars might become a necessity for a more balanced autocross experience. Some of you might cringe at this but I might even try it for local single timed lap rallycross, nothing door to door and nothing requiring a cage. Essentially its autocross but in a gravel lot so the challenge is geared more towards slip angles and scrubbing speed sideways, a stepping stone into stage rally is what most would say. I will also be ice racing with my Mazda, again, single timed laps, no door to door racing. Overall my initial test drive sold me on this cars ability to corner and I hope it gives me an edge for Autocross in H-Stock.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome. I just got the 2017 sport with the 2.0
Where do you drive? Id like to check out the course

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. I just got the 2017 sport with the 2.0
Where do you drive? Id like to check out the course

We run a course out by the Airport in the old ParkNJet lot, as well in Red Deer at Western Park, and southern Alberta near Lethbridge in Fort McLeod on the airstrip. This is the site to check out for registration and event info ect, lots of great people on there.

S.A.S.C.

Schedule for 2017
2017 SASC Solo Schedule

Reactions: RebelxRob

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find out tomorrow if I am going to be forced to change my color choice but its looking like white is going to take too long to arrive. I am very underwhelmed by Mazda's choice of colors, even the White was not quite what I wanted. I was hoping for something that POPPED in the sunlight and red has never tickled my fancy. Its like Mazda was trying WAYYY too hard to create a "luxury looking" color palate and ended up with what I feel are terrible choices for color.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Welcome Midnightsky228! Best of luck finding your car soon. Happy driving once it arrives!

On the issue of colors, like most things, always a matter of personal taste. My wife and I found four colors we would be excited with, and had a tuff time choosing our winner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Woah! Great resource with tons of opportunity. Im definitely intrigued by the driving school days in Ft Macleod and the yyc events as i live minutes from there. Best of luck on the track once you land your wheels. I chose the machine grey, but i think silver would be my choice if i had to do it again. Looks great in the sun

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Woah! Great resource with tons of opportunity. Im definitely intrigued by the driving school days in Ft Macleod and the yyc events as i live minutes from there. Best of luck on the track once you land your wheels. I chose the machine grey, but i think silver would be my choice if i had to do it again. Looks great in the sun

Yea there is tons of great resources within the SASC. We have several drivers who go south to compete in National events down in the USA. I have ridden with some of these drivers and holy crap is it a wild ride. Our next event at YYC you should come pop by and see how we run the event, go for some rides with the faster drivers and see how you like it. I was hooked instantly and can't get enough.

The whole color thing, I think I may have prematurely overlooked Eternal Blue Mica. Been looking at videos of that color and its starting to grow on me. Im going to drive back to the dealership sometime today and re-evaluate my choice in color since the White has been a problem. Tho my concern is that Mazda is really pushing that new white leather interior and it is of zero interest to me. I have a feeling I will end up being told if I want Eternal Blue Mica that I will have to take white leather or wait for a custom order.......when did buying a new car become so complicated lol, white leather.....terrible

Reactions: RebelxRob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just last month I picked up and Eternal Blue Mica in the same configuration you're looking for from Sunridge Mazda. Only took a week to get the car delivered.

You'll love the Eternal blue. Looks great at night and in direct sunlight. Only thing is the dirt shows a bit.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just got word from Mazda, they have secured me a White Hatch, and should be here within 7-10 days

HEADS UP, I am putting together a local Calgary Mazda meet for Sunday May 14th in conjunction with an autocross event that day. If you have not gotten a PM from me with details let me know asap. There should be a new Miata there competing that day as well. Usually about 100 cars compete at a YYC event so there is lots to see and tons of great people to chat with about cars and racing.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was just sent this by my salesman, should have delivery by Friday/Saturday

Reactions: Rdrokit
1 - 14 of 14 Posts