2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

HELLO fellow mazda fans

971 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bootslxa 
#1 ·
Hello just a brief history(or scroll to the last paragraph if reading is not your forte) lol,

I live in the northern tri states, had been a fan of the RX8 since 07, was a dream I could not afford at the time having just recently graduated high school a year before that. Fast forward to about 2009 and my dream became an expensive reality. $80/wk in gas(drove many miles) plus payment and insurance. Was worth EVERY damn penny:001_tt2 1:. It was a manual touring winning blue combo. I was in love!!! Owned it for a year and a half, and due to the current job I had and financial reasons I decided to give her up before I could not afford to own it anymore.

Fast forward to 2013 and was SUPER close to getting back in a 2004 manual winning blue rx8 and living with my dream car yet again. The thing still looked brand new where it mattered and pretty sure it had never been driven on wet days. It was pure ecstacy knowing this would be mine. Before I made the leap I made the dealership perform the compression test, cannot tell you how it felt waiting for those results. Got the phone call, my heart was broken, vehicle tested at aboput a 6.5 bar(if I remember) which would have required a rebuild in the current engine(I was not going to pay double for the rx8, which they were selling at $8k, they had price dropped it many times due to sitting on the lot) so I was prepared to steal it at that price lol:clover:

While I was waiting to test drive the rx8, the showroom floor had a 14 hatchback3 soul red. Sat in it, was really nice. Looked very nice as well, of course at the time I didnt look too much into it cuz my mind was focused on the 8. Recently I have been thinking about the 3 because it feels like it is what an updated rx8 would look like, IMO. I LOVE the rotary engine but fear about the low compression(as do most people) I have thought about it and think that I am going to wait about a year to either hear about a new MS3 or get a 2.5L manual trans combo.

I still want an 8 but I have to do what is practical.

Cheers! and thank you for reading have a great day!:stuart:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome!

I know that feel. I had an 05 whitewater pearl 8 that I drove for about 2 years. In the end I couldn't afford it anymore either.

#3 ·
Whats the lowest MPG you had gotten out of it, I got about 14MPG in the winter time, otherwise I did very well about 24MPG and it never burned oil, which I was suprised!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.