2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is Ty and while as of posting this I am not yet a Mazda 3 owner, I am actually going to go drive one this Saturday. I really want this car but I also want to make sure it is good. If I get it, I'm sure I will be spending plenty of time here to learn the car so I can do my own work and have some fun modding it. If anyone has any advice going to look at it, I'm all ears (or eyeballs?). Hope to get to know you all!

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Hi everyone. My name is Ty and while as of posting this I am not yet a Mazda 3 owner, I am actually going to go drive one this Saturday. I really want this car but I also want to make sure it is good. If I get it, I'm sure I will be spending plenty of time here to learn the car so I can do my own work and have some fun modding it. If anyone has any advice going to look at it, I'm all ears (or eyeballs?). Hope to get to know you all!
Test drive 2.0 & 2.5 with the Sport Mode activated, premium with the bose and tech if you go automatic :laugh2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, it is a manual. I should have mentioned it is an 08 hatchback, so I don't think it has a sport mode. I think it is the touring edition, has a 2.3L. Also this isn't at a dealership, it is a private sale so it will be the only one I get to test drive.

·
Working Class Hero
3,653 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Check that 2. 3 over really well. You can read about it all over the place on this forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard.

Check that 2. 3 over really well. You can read about it all over the place on this forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Would you mind being more specific? I am fairly new to car stuff and as such don't really know what I'm looking for in the forums.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
You can narrow down to the most expensive parts ----> Transmission / Engine / Tires

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. Just an update, I did get the car so I will be staying and skulking around trying to learn everything I can. And I took a friend who knows a ton about cars with me to help me check stuff. The one thing that we didn't like, but with the price I was paying would be worth working with I think, was that there is one different tire and one rim that isn't nearly as weathered as the rest. The odd thing is that they aren't one in the same. The odd tire out is back right, the odd rim out is the back left. Other than that, it is just a few cosmetic things and an AC clutch which should be cheap. This car is kind of a project car and learning car all in one so I plan to do everything I can myself. In any case, thank you again for the greetings and I will be seeing you all around!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts