2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just checking in. Recently purchased a 2009 Mazda 3 2.0 5 Speed with 38k miles and look forward to the wealth of knowledge to be gained from participating here. Have a good day!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know! I love it. I am having one issue with it though, vibrating steering wheel at around 70mph. Had multiple alignments, two sets of tires, wheel balancing, hen a roadforce balancing, got new wheels sport edition P5, and now replaced my passenger motor mount with a jbr mount, hoping maybe it was a bad mount. It didn't fix it. I went out today and got some Moog front sway bar links, will install them soon when weather is kind enough for the driveway mechanic life lol.

Separate from that, I have installed jbr solid shift bushings and heavy shift knob. Very happy with the car, I just really want to figure out what's causing the car to shake at seventy. Two sets of tires, new brakes, two aligent, two balancing one roadforce, did power steering fluid, don't know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! The tie rods seem good, I have shook the tires from hand positions 9-5 on multiple days, tires on and off the ground, no clunk or anything. I have pondered getting new ball joints though. Is it common for them to go bad this early on at 39k miles now? Maybe alot of pot holes were hit. It was a female driver for a church vehicle, I doubt she cared to avoid the holes lol. I live in new england too.

Yesterday when I was installing the new JBR PMM, the front end was jacked up so I put the car in first gear to watch for out of roundness. I did notice that I saw a slit rise in the tire rubber on one point as it came around. Could my axles be the problem? Im wondering if maybe I just got two bad sets of tires in a row... When I got the roadforce balancing, the guys never indicated a problem to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts