2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello the name is Frank new to the Mazda forum and hope everyone is well just dropping by the forum as I'm having some troubles with my 2008 Mazda 3 2.0..figured I'd run it by u guys here and hope someone has had a similar problem ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so here's my problem one day wife comes home complaining about car taking a long time to start then starts and stalls . And when it's running rpm would stay high almost to 2000 rpm idle then drop to normal rpm then randomly go back up gas peddle seemed to get sensitive also touch the gas and car would want to take off like there is a vacuum leak but I don't hear anything sprayed carb cleaner around intake and hoses no change so I test fuel pressure ..pump takes to long to build pressure change pump now stars fine idle is still irratic .. clean throttle body plus egr and tube is clear still runs the same drive home put on Cruze control and boom fuel pump fuse now blows and also get a p2101 code or was p2102 for throttle body but I'm pretty sure it was from that fuse blowing... Clear code put fuse back in also runs again if I put cruise control I blow the fuse again for fuel pump my guess is ecu has a problem but not to sure where to start with this any ideas thank for any input

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I figured out that problem but after installing the new pump somehow about 2 days later it burnt my fuel gauge out some how I smelt it burn up and stop working all the pump was to connect was a simple plug and it couldn't have been pinch because there isn't much wire for it to be pinched under the tank I'm going to have to pull it down after work to make sure ...well anyway the fix for the way the car was running ,was to disconnect the computer and let it reset rather then using the snap-on scanner to reset the computer, after unplugging it for about 30 seconds and plugging it back in. Now it runs like new will also be taking out the cluster and hoping I can repair what ever burnt up, didn't see smoke but deffenatly smelt it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.