2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here from muggy Houston, TX. Yesterday was over 90F (33C) and 85% humidity. How's YOUR weather?

A little about me...
I've been told that I'm in the sensible years now, the 30s. Got rid of the fun cars, the builds, the dragsters, and have somehow began to collect a small fleet of Mazdas.

If someone can unlock tuning on the 2.5T, it's a strong bet I'll add to the Hiroshima collection. Would love to mod the upcoming turbo 3, but aftermarket is dead for 2.5T tuning.

So I'm here to learn, view the whats & whatnots, and hopefully see aftermarket grow next year so I don't end up in a Lincoln or Cadillac.

Cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are tips on modifying our Mazdas on the forum. I prefer stock but respect those who get more from their vehicles.

One thing to remember about Mazda is that there is more about enjoying driving than straight line speed and horsepower. Mazda is about driving dynamics. Responsive handling. Every Mazda is the best handling vehicle in its class.

Thirties is a good time to get sensible. Fun cars can be part of sensible.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
145 Posts
Welcome! Whereabouts are you in Houston? I’m out in Katy. Weather has been brutal, and we’re not even at the hottest part of the season.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. There are tips on modifying our Mazdas on the forum. I prefer stock but respect those who get more from their vehicles.

One thing to remember about Mazda is that there is more about enjoying driving than straight line speed and horsepower. Mazda is about driving dynamics. Responsive handling. Every Mazda is the best handling vehicle in its class.

Thirties is a good time to get sensible. Fun cars can be part of sensible.

Welcome to the forum
I try to remember. The thing I appreciate about Mazda is they build driveable cars. Not fast but its easy to forget how capable they are.

Roads around here are mostly straight and flat. There's better tools for the daily job but the new 3 has caught my attention. I liked the n/a AWD 3 I drove, it hangs revs in sport/manual mode like a manual valvebody sequential AND shifts in the correct direction. I'm hoping the turbo 3 will carry this feature over.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! Whereabouts are you in Houston? I’m out in Katy. Weather has been brutal, and we’re not even at the hottest part of the season.
I'm over off Allen Pkwy west of Downtown.

Summer is coming.

·
Super Moderator
637 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
256 Posts
Heythere !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts