2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

anyone knows if its possible to exchange stock M3 2014-2016 wheel for new heated wheel from Mazda 2017? To be honest, this is the only feature I really miss on my M3. As Revolution trim has a 3x free buttons next to the wheel, one should be used as heating button.

Thank you for info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello guys,

anyone knows if its possible to exchange stock M3 2014-2016 wheel for new heated wheel from Mazda 2017? To be honest, this is the only feature I really miss on my M3. As Revolution trim has a 3x free buttons next to the wheel, one should be used as heating button.

Thank you for info.
Subbed for info!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah, the heat wheel has plastic between the lower spokes, and has that switch. So the first question would be if you have any wiring behind that empty plate?

With the potential of air bags, wiring, and all the work to swap, not to mention the steering wheel now has different controls for things like cruse and such....seriously, buy some gloves ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, the heat wheel has plastic between the lower spokes, and has that switch. So the first question would be if you have any wiring behind that empty plate?

With the potential of air bags, wiring, and all the work to swap, not to mention the steering wheel now has different controls for things like cruse and such....seriously, buy some gloves ;)
God damn it!

It aint easy living in Iceland - lol! Well yes it is ... but the weather ... lol

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
I just want a damn switch in the blank. Blanks drive me crazy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I never thought I'd want or need (or even like) a heated steering wheel. But it came with my 3... and I have to admit that it's nice to grab a toasty wheel when it's chilly out!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I never thought I'd want or need (or even like) a heated steering wheel. But it came with my 3... and I have to admit that it's nice to grab a toasty wheel when it's chilly out!
Amen to that. I'm in T.O and the heated wheel is the first feature I've found that I didn't even realize I needed until I used it on a -20 deg C day to work. What a godsend for cold hands. Sure gloves are all well and good, but grabbing a warm/hot wheel just feels amazing!

·
Registered
434 Posts
OK, has anyone really done this?
I'm interested which parts should be replaced.

So far, it seems to be Steering Wheel, Clock Spring, Indicator panel.
What else could potentially be missing in pre-restyle?

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, has anyone really done this?
I'm interested which parts should be replaced.

So far, it seems to be Steering Wheel, Clock Spring, Indicator panel.
What else could potentially be missing in pre-restyle?
I'm also wanting to do the same! There must be a way.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would recommend heated gloves like the folks that motorcycle/snowmobile use.
Better than taking a heated steering wheel (portable) with you into the mall to keep those bear paws warm.
They're not overly expensive either, probably 200-300 running on batteries.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts