2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today the heat does not work in my 2015 isport Mazda3. When I turn the knob to heat only cold air comes out. I also noticed when I turn the knob to max ac the knob pops back up when I let go of it. I think there may be something going on behind the knob preventing the heat from kicking in. Has anyone had this problem and is it a simple fix or should I take it to the dealer? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got it working. Popped out the glove box and saw the valve the knob is connected to. When the valve rotated, it displaced at one point. I pushed it in with my hand to get it to rotate completely. Now the heat works. Hope this helps others that may have the same problem.
Thanks for the update, I'm sure someone will stumble on this threas and be grateful for your contribution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The fella who said the problem is behind the glove is spot on! its literally a cable that attaches to a white nylon plastic stupid designed cam that pops off the pivot point of the damper door which you cannot see, the door that is, what you will see is the stupidity thats taking place thats causing the problem, if your good fixing things, you could actually see why its popping off, its 2 little retaining clips molded onto this nylon plastic cam, they wear and bend because of the angle and pressure put on this plastic thing when you turn the knob to hot, and the cable pulls and pushes on it ...look at it while operating the knob, youll see the stupidity taking place, i fixed mine but they do sell that part, but it will fail again, so i made my own fix just by looking at it and reducing the angle and pressure placed on this device...good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for this!! I was able to fix mine in a few minutes and saved who knows how much money.

I noticed today the heat does not work in my 2015 isport Mazda3. When I turn the knob to heat only cold air comes out. I also noticed when I turn the knob to max ac the knob pops back up when I let go of it. I think there may be something going on behind the knob preventing the heat from kicking in. Has anyone had this problem and is it a simple fix or should I take it to the dealer? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got it working. Popped out the glove box and saw the valve the knob is connected to. When the valve rotated, it displaced at one point. I pushed it in with my hand to get it to rotate completely. Now the heat works. Hope this helps others that may have the same problem.
This was exactly what I needed! Thanks for the heads up! I had the same issue and sure enough, after seeing your issues, I discovered it was the exact same problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had this happen, and managed to get it hooked back on and working properly in the manner others mentioned. Worked fine for 6 months, but then happened again. And the piece it connects to is either too bent or too worn because now it pops out again when I turn the knob.

Is there any other fixes? Or does anyone have the part # to order I would need?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am reviving this for some fyi....I changed out the part that opens and closes the temp door. The part it the pic is the difference in how they formed the new part. Right side is the new 1. Hopefully it will do the trick
How did this turn out? Just fixed this on my girl’s 2014. Seems like it will easily pop out again but we’ll see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you!
2 separate mechanics could not find the issue but I did as your post suggested and after 8 months, I have heat again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am reviving this for some fyi....I changed out the part that opens and closes the temp door. The part it the pic is the difference in how they formed the new part. Right side is the new 1. Hopefully it will do the trick
Where did you get the revised arm? Just bought a 2015 a few days ago and it has this issue.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts