2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! :smile2:

This is my first post on this forums! I recently bought a new 2015 red Mazda 3 GS and I want to pimp this car a little. I hope 2015 Mazdas can be also discussed here since they are pretty much same as the 2014 :D

I am not sure if my question falls under this section, so please moderators move it to the right section if it doesn't belong here :)

I am planning on adding some tweaks to the headlights. I want to replace the low beam halogen with 8000k 55W HID xenon light and I want to add halo LED rings on the chrome shroud around the low beam light hoping it would act as DRLs.

For the LED rings, I have contacted LED Concepts Lighting (Halo Headlights, LED Halo Lighting & Accessories ? LED Concepts) to get their ColorMorph LEDs, and they requested the size of the chrome shroud around the low beam lights since they do not have this information for the 2014 or 2015 Mazda 3 yet. I have sent them pictures of my headlights and they believe it is size 100, but they want confirmation on that. It is hard for me to de-assemble the headlights just to measure it, so I wonder if anyone here would know the size of the chrome shroud around the low beam lights. See attached pictures.

Thanks ! :smile2:

Attachments

·
More free time than money
364 Posts
Please get a 4500k or 5500k kit, 8000k will reduce your night vision AND will be significantly dimmer. As Xenon Kelvin goes up, lumens(brightness) goes down.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi everyone! :smile2:

This is my first post on this forums! I recently bought a new 2015 red Mazda 3 GS and I want to pimp this car a little. I hope 2015 Mazdas can be also discussed here since they are pretty much same as the 2014 :D

I am not sure if my question falls under this section, so please moderators move it to the right section if it doesn't belong here :)

I am planning on adding some tweaks to the headlights. I want to replace the low beam halogen with 8000k 55W HID xenon light and I want to add halo LED rings on the chrome shroud around the low beam light hoping it would act as DRLs.

For the LED rings, I have contacted LED Concepts Lighting (Halo Headlights, LED Halo Lighting & Accessories ? LED Concepts) to get their ColorMorph LEDs, and they requested the size of the chrome shroud around the low beam lights since they do not have this information for the 2014 or 2015 Mazda 3 yet. I have sent them pictures of my headlights and they believe it is size 100, but they want confirmation on that. It is hard for me to de-assemble the headlights just to measure it, so I wonder if anyone here would know the size of the chrome shroud around the low beam lights. See attached pictures.

Thanks ! :smile2:
The ring is 90mm. And yeah a lower kelvin rating would be better for more brightness.

This thread has what you are looking for start on page 3.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/56642-xb-led-halo-vs-stock-halo-4.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rdriggett, ya now that I see that lots of people don't recommend anything higher than 6000k I will probably end up getting 6000k instead of 8000k. Would you happen to know a good place to get those HIDs, and what other parts are are recommended with it (like wire harness, warning cancellor & anti-flicker)

Hawk94, thank you!!! :D

·
More free time than money
364 Posts
Rdriggett, ya now that I see that lots of people don't recommend anything higher than 6000k I will probably end up getting 6000k instead of 8000k. Would you happen to know a good place to get those HIDs, and what other parts are are recommended with it (like wire harness, warning cancellor & anti-flicker)

Hawk94, thank you!!! :D
Industry Best H11 Morimoto Elite HID Kit : HID Systems : The Retrofit Source TRS has THE BEST non oem hid parts. Our cars are H11B not H11A. 35w should be fine, I run 55 watts but then you run the risk of hurting the reflective bowl inside of your headlight. HID in halogen projector is not that bad, but keep in mind you will have a lot of light right in front of the car where most real hid projectors focus all there light in the distance. Also you will glare a bit so I would recommend blocking your squirrel finder if you have your headlight open. HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum has all the information you could ever need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts