2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Recently got a 2010 3 GT and the headlights look like they are frosted inside the lens as if they have been melted by the bulbs or something. Quite sure it isn't the regular headlight fog that can be polished out.

I did some research and saw that some other people have had this issue and got their lenses replaced under warranty. Seeing that my warranty is up, what would be my best option? Do the headlights themselves need to be replaced or is it just faulty lenses?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
I use this this past weekend on one of my headlights and it was good as new, I didn't not have a buffer with me but I'd recommend you get a buffer for max results then use regular wax. I've done it on a handful of cars in the past

ImageUploadedByAG Free1410837070.001632.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
This thread is why Im going with the Laminx covers :banana 1:

·
Registered
280 Posts
it looks like some heavy condensation. have you looked in the back of the headlights for any openings? what is you weather like, and are they always like this no matter what?

·
ch ch ch chia
504 Posts
Ive got the same problem as you, but not nearly as bad. It seems to be on the inside, but it isn't condensation so the only way to fix it unfortunately is to open them... Ive tried removing bulbs and removing moisture to no effect.

·
Registered
633 Posts
It is obvious that you guys did not pay much attention to to the OPs post, the problem is hazing inside the headlamp not outside on the lens. Anyway this was a problem with the HID headlights on the 2010 MazdaGT and speed models, and was covered by warranty. It was caused by the DRL bulb in the headlamp. If you can get the headlamp open it will wipe off.

Anyway to the OP Mazda has extended the warranty coverage for this problem, so even though you are not the original owner go to a Mazda dealer and complain.As you can see in my signature I own a 2010 GT and did have this problem, both headlamps were replaced under warranty. however several months ago I got a letter from Mazda telling me of the warranty extension.

Pat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It is obvious that you guys did not pay much attention to to the OPs post, the problem is hazing inside the headlamp not outside on the lens. Anyway this was a problem with the HID headlights on the 2010 MazdaGT and speed models, and was covered by warranty. It was caused by the DRL bulb in the headlamp. If you can get the headlamp open it will wipe off.

Anyway to the OP Mazda has extended the warranty coverage for this problem, so even though you are not the original owner go to a Mazda dealer and complain.As you can see in my signature I own a 2010 GT and did have this problem, both headlamps were replaced under warranty. however several months ago I got a letter from Mazda telling me of the warranty extension.

Pat.
Thank you! I'll give that a try.

EDIT: My headlight housings were both replaced for free by Mazda!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts