2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it's a sport.
2016 iSport - Album on Imgur

Ebay (EagleEyes) Headlights upgraded with Mini H1 Projectors (come bi-halogen) and Morimoto XBT RGB Demon eyes. Total cost all parts and self labor ~750, 650 w/o RGB.

Headlights can be used stock and are just as good as halogens but I wanted to go all the way and ended up with a little extra. HID is the way to go. They are indeed plug and play (same plug as halogen OEM). All retrofit parts sourced from TRS.

[Plus LED Halo] 2014 2015 2016 Mazda 3 Black Projector Replacement Headlights | eBay

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How difficult is it to change the projectors for hid?
Looks great Shadow! Thanks for bringing us on your journey. Would you be willing to write a consolidated guide on what you did to your lights?
It takes a little work, you'll have to cut the brackets out and wire some stuff easy with basic knowledge and snooping, and I will once I open the lights up again. I mounted them straight but the drivers side is slightly crooked due to how they sit on vehicle.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice.. What does the beam pattern look like? How is the cutoff?
Sharp as expected from a morimoto h1 retrofit. Currently not completely straight at distance but that's my fault, the day/night was getting long and they're safe enough to use until I get around to opening them back up. Hopefully this weekend. Stock halogen actually had a sharp stepped cutoff as well, they were as good as stock but I couldn't depend on longevity on principle of aftermarket lights.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Slightly off rotation.
Absolutely they are, haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. Straight in socket =/= straight on vehicle due to the way the whole unit sits, an oversight. Also have to put some washers in so my height can be adjusted easier, these are cranked as far as they can go height wise. It's all recoverable error.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts