2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've found tons of threads on how-to open headlights which is great. The only other thing I can't seem to find for the 2nd gen OEM HID headlights (the ones that comes with the tech package) is how to remove the projector lens. Anybody got some additional pics on how to removal the actual projector lens that came with OEM HID & AFS?

·
Registered
79 Posts
once it's baked, you get a flat head and pry open a little bit, a little at a time. do it in several spots, within a few inches of each other. once you have it seperated a bit, go ahead and pul it off; careful, the adhesive ia stringy and messy. with you holding it off, get the flathead and go across the adhesive and break it ( sorry for poor explaination: just picture a mouth opening that has gum stuck to the top and bottom, well you want to cut the gum in the middle so its not attaching both top and bottom anymore. ). your gonna get adhesive on the flat head, just put it back in any little gaps needed once its cooled down.

surely you can find videos or picture step by steps to do this?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should of been much more clear. I was talking about the projector lens itself. Not the outside clear cover. Will edit original post

·
Registered
278 Posts
You just unscrew the projector and take the lens out. Replace and put back in. Are you upgrading to a clear lense?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You just unscrew the projector and take the lens out. Replace and put back in. Are you upgrading to a clear lense?
So the projector itself has some screws and the shroud is pressed against the lens is that it? I'm replacing the lens with a different one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts