2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo .. My names Adam and I am a proud mazda3 2.5L hatch owner. I got a few basic mods so far and have some mods coming up that a lot of you might be interested to see.

Current mods:

Corksport Sri-cbe-rear adjustable sway bar.

2013 fall winter line up:

Corksport mid chassis brace, front sway bar, motor mounts, front and rear end links, catch can

For sure going with a piggyback not sure what brand yet but will decide in the next week or so.

Going to remove valve covers and paint the valve cover.

But yeah I have a friend who has tuned for me before do a basic reflash for my current mods. I am expecting to be about 170-175 to the wheels after this and We are going to check out what we are able to get out of the piggy back and we are going to consider porting the heads. I am looking at the cams and valve train specs and am pretty sure I am just going to stick with my oem cams and if I have enough around tax season we are going to rip it apart and just quit messing around and got 8-1 comp and boost about 15psi and if and only if I need it water meth injection. hopefully if all goes well in the spring i plan to be making 230ish to the wheel. I am going for a perfectly powered and handling mazda3.

I realize I won't have a 10 second car and its going to cost more than a few hundred dollars for parts so ya just let me know what ya think or if you have or are planing to do the same. If your wondering what kind of turbo I am considering or stuff like that I am pretty much going to mimic the tri-point kit but with a 2.5. I know I could get more than 230 wheel hp but I don't wanna go for as much hp as I can make as I don't want to over power it to the point I just spin my wheels the whole time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I forgot I am going to drop it with the tein kit... And I'm going to go with bilstein b8 shocks and struts for sure. I get a discount on those :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me I know it sounds out there and most would wonder why but all I have to say is because race car :vtec228 1:

This is a sure thing it will just take a while .. I like to thoroughly plan and take it one mod at a time. Once I am satisfied with my suspension mods I am going to see where I can get my engine to. The hardest part will be making it mild enough to where its not just an all out autocross car cuz i love to dive this little car but I am confident in my tuner. He has done quite a few miata's with the 2.3 cosworth swaps. I believe they are sitting at like 250-60 ish .. Not sure as the go the the fancy nationals and I just do local autocross. Autocross is a regular thing to do around here so the wicked little miata's are a dime a dozen here.

Worst case I will go high compression w/ some mx5 cams or something ... It will be interesting to see where it goes. I am dead set on building this car. My wife and everyone else says its a waste and I should just get the speed but those people just don't understand that I want this car right now and I want to build it. We will see how it all works out though... Where do I start a build thread ?

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Well honestly I to say get a speed and your done. But i do understand that sometimes it's more about the build. Anyone can buy a fast car but to build one is different. In the end it will cost more money than a speed and I wouldn't do it personally but I do get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yeah it's going to cost a little bit note than a speed but do realise I am a parts guy and 80% of the parts I will be getting at retail cost so that will dampen the blow a little .. The car cost 17K when I bought it and so far I got about 1000$ into it in subs and basic bolt ins .. By the time I'm done I anticipate it will be a 24-25000$ car that's worth 8000 haha

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Well good luck with the build. If you have any questions post them here. And keep us updated on the progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts