2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
i would be interested, do they use the stock MS3 discs? and would OTS pads still work or would you have to run a "special sized" pad?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
I believe I should be a tester and get a free kit being that Im awesome!

Reactions: sin_loki

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
How are these compared to stock? I'm not impressed with my stock brakes and was planning on an upgrade in the future.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The are 4 piston calipers and they each weigh only 7lbs a side, which shaves about 8lbs of weight on each side. This means less pad wear, and better stopping times.

Plus they come with everything you need, pads, steel brake lines, brackets, calipers. We don't have released stopping distance data yet, but stay tuned.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
The are 4 piston calipers and they each weigh only 7lbs a side, which shaves about 8lbs of weight on each side. This means less pad wear, and better stopping times.

Plus they come with everything you need, pads, steel brake lines, brackets, calipers. We don't have released stopping distance data yet, but stay tuned.
are they OEM sized pads or pads of your own size?

i track and like to use carbotech pads when i do.

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Those are f****ng awesome. If they aren't a whole lotta dough I'm in!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Someone mentioned $800 but who knows

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Not bad for new calipers, pads, lines, and all the goodies. Just need to get some slotted rotors and brake times will be gone by at least 10-15 ft. As kyle said tires help too!

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Why are you guys bothering to upgrade? The stock brakes do a pretty decent job especially mazdaspeeds. Im upgrading once I hit 400whp

Reactions: warlord

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Why are you guys bothering to upgrade? The stock brakes do a pretty decent job especially mazdaspeeds. Im upgrading once I hit 400whp
Stock brakes kinda suck.. you have to be like full pedal pressed to get any kind of action out of them. I like a linear brake pedal.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Stock brakes kinda suck.. you have to be like full pedal pressed to get any kind of action out of them. I like a linear brake pedal.
Well Im talking about with upgraded lines, pads and rotors. Not upgrading the calipers

1 - 20 of 49 Posts