2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
zoom~
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my setup is pretty much a sri with heatshield and a cold air duct, stock cut maf housing.

from standing still, acceleration is well..not as fast i'd like. But while cruising when I punch it to pass on the highway, it does well.

is that what you guys mean by throttle lag?

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
As with most intakes low end power is lost and high end power is gained. That's what your feeling. The throttle response may be a slight bit better but most of what your feeling is the gain in power in the upper rpm range. Even in my speed low end power well seems about the same but north of 4500 does feel a little stronger. I'm getting a little more wheel spin in second gear.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As with most intakes low end power is lost and high end power is gained. That's what your feeling. The throttle response may be a slight bit better but most of what your feeling is the gain in power in the upper rpm range. Even in my speed low end power well seems about the same but north of 4500 does feel a little stronger. I'm getting a little more wheel spin in second gear.
i see i see, thx!

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Also, depends on how long your sitting and how hot it is. From a stop you aren't getting as much air in the intake to much power and if it is hot the hot air will build up under the hood and your sri will suck that up even with a heat shield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts