2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people on here have installed aftermarket HID's on their Mazda 3's. Some people say they blind on coming drivers, some say they don't. I have had mine installed for almost two months and have never beed "flashed" by another driver thinking I have my high beams on. What has everyone else experienced after their HID install?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same DDM 55W 5000K HID's and I've never been "flashed" by on coming cars. But in my previous car, a 2006 Lexus GS300, I got "flashed" all the time and that car had auto-leveling and AFS HID's.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I only had my HIDs installed for a few days before one of the ballasts crapped out on me! They were 55w 4300K and I was not flashed. I'm waiting for my new ballast and I'll be able to tell you more long term if they are flash worthy! LOL

·
Registered
732 Posts
No one flashing at me so far, but have not done much night driving since I got mine installed.

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
I get flashed at least once a month, but then again, my commute has me driving early in the morning, and people in LA are assholes...But yeah....my HIDs are REALLY bright at night, and I can easily see how people would want to flash me. I even aimed them a little bit higher for canyon driving, because the cutoff was cutting off below the road-hill line, and we can't have any of that.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
LOL @ChrisJuede. Screw those drivers, we have safety to worry about!:clap:

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Never been flashed.......we ARE talking about lights, right? :tongue:

·
Registered
146 Posts
ok . xenon lights in a halogen projector really only gives the operator of the upgraded car a possible disadvantage of light output and clarity of cut off. people should not have a problem upgrading the halogen lights to xenon lights on our cars. on the other hand when i see xenon lights in a halogen reflector headlamp housing i want to pull the person over and crush their skull. as my eyes are very sensitive to light and when people put hid's in a reflector its a mess! light is flying everywhere except where its supposed to go. headlight design should be referred to as headlight engineering because thats exactly what it is. if any one does not agree i urge you to look up clearcorners.com and check out their information on such things you will then be up to speed. no pun intended.

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
I get flashed all the time but thats prolly more from the sexiness of the car and drive, never had anybody flash headlights though ;):clap:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts