2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Recently I saw a black Axela Sport (Mazdaspeed 3 in USA) at a local used car dealer and was in love. Paddle shifters, low mileage, clean interior got me hooked. THEN I saw the sticky dash, which I didn't know at the time what that really was. The guy at the dealership didn't know about the sticky dash either cuz he was saying that before I was going to buy the car they were going to do a full service and cleanup so that should be gone. Then I started looking at all sorts of info regarding this car and came upon the sticky dash deal and the recall.
I was so exited to find that there was a recall for that and that the Mazda dealership would change out the dash free of charge. NOT!
Reason for that is: I live in Suriname, South America, and I bought the car off of a used car dealer that imports JDM cars. That's normal for my country since we can't afford buying new cars. Well the Mazda dealership then told me that they will NOT be touching the vehicle since it hasn't been bought in their region. So in short he just told me (not literally) to ship the car to Japan and see if they wanna fix it.
Tried calling Mazda Japan but unfortunately they were closed when I called (12hrs time difference) in the hope that they would be willing to ship a dash to my country and have the dealership here do the swap (which I don't think is going to happen).
If this can't be resolved with Mazda Japan, then I will have to pass on this opportunity of having this car, which is a bummer cuz once I set my mind on something I'm really keen on getting it......but it's not worth to buy it and having my dash start to crumble after a few months...

Lovely car, wish I would own one but unfortunately the importgods aren't by my side this time....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does any of you own a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 skyactiv? Does the sticky dash also occur on that model? If not I might opt for the 2011 skyactiv model, although a bit pricier and I read it's also a tad slower than the 2010 with mzr engine.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No 2011 model with sticky dash?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, decided to get the 2011 skyactiv. A bit slower from a standstill than mzr but when you get on it it does fly....

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Well, decided to get the 2011 skyactiv. A bit slower from a standstill than mzr but when you get on it it does fly....

Chances the previous owner put a "Carpet dash cover" and glued it down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's still stock

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like the ms3 rear bumper with dual exhaust. Think I'll modify mine and add a tailpipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts