2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
It should be tight enough to pull down on the hatch without it coming out.

I once got my car back from service and something didn't feel right about the handle. They'd put it in backwards.

·
Working Class Hero
3,569 Posts
It's a snap in plastic pocket, and as such will move about. If it bothers you, I suppose a little thin foam tape around the edge might firm it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advise so far, so for those who have checked, your "Boot Handle" does not move at all? not even when trying to wiggle it a bit?

As @GerryB stated above, in my situation it moves a bit if I wiggle it a little, it does not come off by any means, just a very small movement but it doesn't stay in fixed position.

So my question is, is it suppose to move a little, or not to move at all? :saddam:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just what I thought, I ordered a replacement piece through TascaParts, probably the boot handle clips are loose or broken.

Will report back when I install the new piece.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine wiggles around ever so slightly, perhaps a millimeter....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Same...

I have my car for almost 4years and I use that handle at least twice a day. It moves a little but nothing bothers me.

Sent from my Washing Machine using Tapatalk
I've had my car for almost 3 years and never realized the handle was there.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

I received the new parts today from TascaParts.

I followed the instructions of removal as per the Mazda PDF Manual, and I replaced the old part with the new one, the new handle is fixed as a rock.

So if yours is loose then most probably:

A) It was taken apart improperly and put back together the same way
B) Too much grip/force is applied to "bend" the inner plastics when closing the hatch door causing it to become loose.
C) Irrelevant in any case and you can continue living your normal daily life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts