341 - 360 of 380 Posts

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
Reactions: Noname

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hows the quality? Would you have to do a lot of touch-ups to it?
as far as quality i'd say like a 7/10

theres a lot of bondo and resurfacing that needed to be done. I'm having my buddies help me with all that. should be going into prep on monday and I'll have it back hopefully next weekend

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have the same spoiler.it looks nice.but i dont know what to do to connect the light.did you buy new socket or cut the old one and twist the wire together?please let me know.or anyone who have the same spoiler.ty guys

As mentioned, i did the same thing. I cut the OEM wires and used electrical tape to connect it to the new spoiler (Positive and Negatives). Tested everyhing and then mounted the spoiler. Quite simple and easy to change back to the OEM spoiled and connect everything back to original.

Reactions: senti02

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know where that member purchased their wing? I like how subtle yet aerodynamic it is.
A brand new resin double layer Grey primer CAR REAR WING TRUNK SPOILER FOR MAZDA 3 M3 Axela Hatchback 2014 2015 hatchback-in Spoilers & Wings from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Got it from that seller above, but check aliexpress often. The prices seem to fluctuate between sellers quite a bit. I got it for less than $375 CAD iirc.

I ordered it on Dec22,2015 and picked it up from the post office on Jan02,2016. That's the fastest I've ever got something from aliexpress btw.

It needed a lot of work from the bodyshop. But overall I'm happy with the results.

It was well packaged and nothing broke off during shipping.

Test fit.

I wish I took better pics instead rain pics all the time. The spoiler is pretty subtle especially with the deep crystal blue...

·
Registered
67 Posts
[quote/]I wish I took better pics instead rain pics all the time. The spoiler is pretty subtle especially with the deep crystal blue...[/quote]

You me both :001_tt2 1:...jk

When you get a chance can you post some more pics from different angles?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wanna confirm, that there are 2 types of spoilers that everyone is discussing? Thats what I think but I'm not too sure. The first one is the one that looks like an STI spoiler, and the other one is the one that @xray_biomed has?

I kinda like the lower profile one (but its really pricey), and from what I can see is that I'll have to remove the stock spoiler, rewire the brake lights into the new spoiler, and attach the whole thing on? Do you think it can be done on my own?

Not too keen taking it to a shop for installation as I'm a student and I've got a tight budget. I mean I will have to get it painted/vinyl wrapped either way, unless I go for a carbon fibre one (+$200). But oh man it sure looks good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Here are the pics my spoiler. I'll try to describe as much as I can the problems/imperfections I had with it.

Here is the pic from behind. It's hard to say in this picture, but it is centered. No weird lines and unevenness between the two spoilers.

Pic of the left side at an angle. I specifically took this shot to show that the tip didn't perfectly meet the glass line. I know the gap is big, but I can get get away with it since my car is fairly dark colored. I also don't have any issue with water getting in if anyone is curious.

It did sit perfectly in line at the top and the front edge on both sides of the hatch.

The tip not perfectly lining up with the glass on the right is also there. On initial test fit before bodywork and paint, one side of the tips matched the glass perfectly, but I told the bodyshop to even it out. So they trimmed on side to match it with the other. It's just easier and faster.

Shot of the top right edge of the spoiler. Just to show how well it fit.

I also replaced the screws that came with the spoiler. The rusted ones on the right are the ones that it came with. I just went to a local Fastenal and asked them for Stainless Steel M6x12 Hex Flange Bolts (pictured on the left). I bought a dozen, but you would only need 10 bolts (6 to hold the top piece of the spoiler and 4 to hold the entire spoiler to the hatch. I also used thread locker when I installed it.

-EDIT-

Before I forget, do not overtighten the bolts on this spoiler. Make them snug plus use thread locker.

The 3rd brake light didn't come with the spoiler, but you can just take it off the OEM spoiler and screw it on. The fit is bang-on and there is no need to splice wires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Zestjdm has a spoiler similar to the aero kit one going for 65 vs mazda's 400.
I know the Mazda's come painted but I figure I'd just paint it gloss black and put it on my white hatch, like they show in the link.
Has anyone tried these spoilers?

M'z_style Roof Spoiler Wing

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Here are the pics my spoiler. I'll try to describe as much as I can the problems/imperfections I had with it.

Here is the pic from behind. It's hard to say in this picture, but it is centered. No weird lines and unevenness between the two spoilers.

Pic of the left side at an angle. I specifically took this shot to show that the tip didn't perfectly meet the glass line. I know the gap is big, but I can get get away with it since my car is fairly dark colored. I also don't have any issue with water getting in if anyone is curious.

It did sit perfectly in line at the top and the front edge on both sides of the hatch.

The tip not perfectly lining up with the glass on the right is also there. On initial test fit before bodywork and paint, one side of the tips matched the glass perfectly, but I told the bodyshop to even it out. So they trimmed on side to match it with the other. It's just easier and faster.

Shot of the top right edge of the spoiler. Just to show how well it fit.

I also replaced the screws that came with the spoiler. The rusted ones on the right are the ones that it came with. I just went to a local Fastenal and asked them for Stainless Steel M6x12 Hex Flange Bolts (pictured on the left). I bought a dozen, but you would only need 10 bolts (6 to hold the top piece of the spoiler and 4 to hold the entire spoiler to the hatch. I also used thread locker when I installed it.

-EDIT-

Before I forget, do not overtighten the bolts on this spoiler. Make them snug plus use thread locker.

The 3rd brake light didn't come with the spoiler, but you can just take it off the OEM spoiler and screw it on. The fit is bang-on and there is no need to splice wires.
Hello is this the spoiler from the first page. Could you take a picture a bit farther away so we can see the spoiler profile and rear of this sweet spoiler.
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Spoiler looks great! Hope you don't mind answering a few questions about it, as I have the same spoiler currently sitting in the box waiting to be installed.

How difficult was it mounting the third brake light into the bottom section? Did the bottom section mount to the hatch using the OEM holes? Lastly, did you retain the rear windshield washer, and does it mount to the wing or to the hatch itself, as I can't find it on a diagram anywhere?

Thanks!

I'm debating trying to mount the top section to my factory bottom panel, as I have the OEM extension and pray this wing uses the same bolt locations, which would make the brake light and washer retention much easier.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey they are a few rear spoiler on eBay that stick to the rear has anyone bought one They look like the Oem aero one It's 129 free shipping what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello is this the spoiler from the first page post?
Yes... I believe it is. Here is a quick side shot...

Spoiler looks great! Hope you don't mind answering a few questions about it, as I have the same spoiler currently sitting in the box waiting to be installed.

How difficult was it mounting the third brake light into the bottom section? Did the bottom section mount to the hatch using the OEM holes? Lastly, did you retain the rear windshield washer, and does it mount to the wing or to the hatch itself, as I can't find it on a diagram anywhere?

Thanks!

I'm debating trying to mount the top section to my factory bottom panel, as I have the OEM extension and pray this wing uses the same bolt locations, which would make the brake light and washer retention much easier.
The 3rd brake light wasn't hard to install on this spoiler. There are areas underneath the spoiler that match where the 3rd brake light would mount on the OEM spoiler. It really did just screw on without any problems at all. It's difficult to explain and I wish I took a picture at the time.

The rear window washer is mounted on the hatch and not on the spoiler. The washer will still work with this spoiler.

I'd recommend getting the whole spoiler (2 pieces) because I personally didn't want to drill through the OEM piece.

341 - 360 of 380 Posts