2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thread digging I know but I'd be interested how people dealt with this. My trunk did this for a bit but now is locked closed and still working on getting it open to even work on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Mazda 3 hatchback does not open

My 2010 Mazda 3 hatchback does not open, it has the keyless entry. It is currently stuck I can hear the lock cycling when activated and have pressed the button on the outside. I have also tried the manual release and turned it towards the driver side located in the inside of the vehicle. I checked for any blown fuses and they were all good. I would appreciate any information on what the next step to getting my hatchback open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2010 3 Hatch with the advanced keyless and tech package. It's got an electronically controlled hatch release and lock that usually opens by pressing the button in the center of the hatch. It no longer opens.

Two days ago i went into the hatch, closed it, and then had to sit in the car waiting for someone. I noticed that the hatch latch kept cycling, locking and unlocking, without anyone pressing the button (car was completly off, but unlocked). I finally got out of the car, opened and closed the hatch, and locked the car and the locking and unlocking finally stopped.

I didn't try to go into the hatch again until today, and get nothing when I press the button. I can release the latch by popping open the latch cover and using the manual release. The latch moves freely and is well lubricated.

Where's the problem? I'd hate to throw a new latch at this problem if the problem really is with the button or some relay. Any advice? Tests I can run? Thanks in advance.
Hi, have you fix the latch problem yet? My 2010 Mazda 3 hatchback trunk latch has the similar problem, keep locking and unlocking, randomly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a 2010 3 Hatch with the advanced keyless and tech package. It's got an electronically controlled hatch release Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire and lock that usually opens by pressing the button in the center of the hatch. It no longer opens.

Two days ago i went into the hatch, closed it, and then had to sit in the car waiting for someone. I noticed that the hatch latch kept cycling, locking and unlocking, without anyone pressing the button (car was completly off, but unlocked). I finally got out of the car, opened and closed the hatch, and locked the car and the locking and unlocking finally stopped.

I didn't try to go into the hatch again until today, and get nothing when I press the button. I can release the latch by popping open the latch cover and using the manual release. The latch moves freely and is well lubricated.

Where's the problem? I'd hate to throw a new latch at this problem if the problem really is with the button or some relay. Any advice? Tests I can run? Thanks in advance.
I think the open signal from the switch is just stuck so it just opens constantly. I unplugged it because the latch motor was SUPER hot and I don't wanna wear that out in the process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I found out that the switch is faulty after I unplugged it so I replaced it with a new switch and it worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone, we have same problem with our mazda 3 2010 hatchback. we took out button switch and connected it to a multi-meter and it beeps so it's sending signal OK so that leads me to believe that the problem is the latch. anyone else had to replace latch instead of the switch?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts