2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago I took my car to the dealer (John Hine) for an oil change and tire rotation, it was returned to me with damage to the front passenger side bumper skin.

Seen here:

They are now repairing the damage they caused with the in-house CarStar body shop, 1st round they did a shit job and I would not accept it, the paint was dull from sanding up to the seam line up to the fender, there was no clear coat at the lower front air dam. It was a 10-foot patch paint job, not acceptable at all.

The proper way to repair the damage would be to replace the bumper skin altogether with a new one.

...Now a couple of months ago I was bumped in the back of my car and the driver who hit me took off, the damage was minimal, an imprint of the screws to the black plastic section, it is barely noticeable. I have been considering maybe adding the Aero kit rear diffuser to cover the black plastic but have been reluctant knowing the installation requires cutting up the rear bumper skin until I saw the diffuser in person. I finally did the other day and I love the look. It was glossy black and I liked it. I just don't have equal love for the rocker panel and front lip sections of the aero kit. I then wondered what the diffuser would look like if it were color keyed to match the rest of the car. The closest thing I can find are these examples from Mazda:

I love the color-keyed aero kit look I just wonder what it would like with the Snowflake White Pearl color.

I would either want to get the diffuser and can live with the gloss black or snowflake white pearl but would want to mate the front end with the OE splash guards but have them match the diffuser's color.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I love that mine came w/ unpainted lower rear. No maintenance needed. Someone did bump onto it, not a mark.....had it been painted, a noticeable scar. Would've shown.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts