2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Does anyone here know how to do hardwiring for dash cam? Apparently the fuse box in the passenger side is all constant power and do not have any ignition power which the hardwire kit need a constant power and a ignition/switch power. I have been looking around and a lot of people recommend to use the fuse in the engine bay which need to get through the firewall. I found a rubber grommet that all the wire from the car battery but when i take off the glove box i could not find it. Is anyone know how can I access the rubber grommet or there is any better option to hardwire it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
But the mirror tap only got switch power though. I wanted the parking mode which need constant power.
be a pioneer, that's what I did, nobody here (so far) has wired it the way you are looking to do it, so figure it out.

Here is a hint: the airbag light only works off the ignition switch, otherwise no power, but the cabin LED lights located next to it have constant power, ignition switch on or off. Now have fun...

·
Registered
31 Posts
your car doesn't have a passenger airbag light above the mirror and cabin lights in the same general location?
I apologize, I seem to have misunderstood. The mirror itself isn't powered but yes there is the powered area above the mirror. I see that there is switched 12v, but no mention of constant 12v power.

Does anyone have access to schematics of the wiring in that location?

·
Registered
196 Posts
be brave and find the wiring to the overhead LED lights next to the mirror, they are constant power, not switched. That would be a lot shorter wiring run than the side pillars, and you won't run afoul of the side pillar airbags.

The reason I didn't search further is I found what I was looking for, the switched power source, airbag light indicator connector.

·
Registered
31 Posts
be brave and find the wiring to the overhead LED lights next to the mirror, they are constant power, not switched. That would be a lot shorter wiring run than the side pillars, and you won't run afoul of the side pillar airbags.

The reason I didn't search further is I found what I was looking for, the switched power source, airbag light indicator connector.
I'll dig into it on my next day off and report back. It still may be easier to just run the USB power wire from the center console due to the problems associated with hiding a DC-DC converter and whatnot up there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts