2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any bulbs/ setups that have a safe drl (non blinding ) in white that can also function as a high beam light in the reflector housing? I'm planning to switch the stock halogen in the projector bulb to HID which will probably down out the stock highs so naturally I would still want them to have that functionality.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Your stock halogen high beam should suffice unless you want to change it out for cosmetic reasons. The high beam will shine above the low beam cutoff anyways since low beams aren't aimed high.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly cosmetic, especially since I am considering some of the LED fog light housings and partly for uniformity in color when I need them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
9005 LED would work as a high beam but not as a DRL unless you add a relay. However, they would have the same brightness? (DRL and high beam). The other would be to use halogen Sylvania Silverstars but they do this by increasing the voltage or something which is terrible for the life of the bulb. Let me know if there is an alternative as I also want to match my fog light drl covers and HID.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts