2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am thinking of switching my bulbs on my '17 sport with something brighter and not as yellow. Silverstone Ultra is my top pick unless anyone vehemently urges me not to. Is there a tutorial out there on how to change it? From the manual it looks like I have to take off the wheel liner and go from the wheel arch.

Also, I was driving a Mazda3 and noticed how small our tail lights are. It's just that one bulb on each side and it just bothered me once I made that realization.

·
Super Moderator
5,584 Posts
Hi. I am thinking of switching my bulbs on my '17 sport with something brighter and not as yellow. Silverstone Ultra is my top pick unless anyone vehemently urges me not to. Is there a tutorial out there on how to change it? From the manual it looks like I have to take off the wheel liner and go from the wheel arch.
Don't bother. I tried a set of Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. There was not enough difference to justify the cost. If you didn't look carefully they would seem no brighter or whiter than what Mazda installed in the car.
If you want brighter and whiter, use LEDs or HIDs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts