2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo, guys

I've got a Mazda 3 2014 with halogen headlights H11( low beam) and H15( DRL and high beam)
I want to disable the DRL.
I wanted to pull out the 15A fuse for the DRL , but there was no fuse in the fuse box.
There is a 20A fuse for high beams and above that a 20A fuse for the headlight washer, but I don't have any.
Could that fuse be the DRL fuse ?

Regards,
Felix

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hallo, guys

I've got a Mazda 3 2014 with halogen headlights H11( low beam) and H15( DRL and high beam)
I want to disable the DRL.
I wanted to pull out the 15A fuse for the DRL , but there was no fuse in the fuse box.
There is a 20A fuse for high beams and above that a 20A fuse for the headlight washer, but I don't have any.
Could that fuse be the DRL fuse ?

Regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a year-old OP, but my question to the OP is: did you look in both fuse boxes. IIRC, I found and removed mine in the engine bay fuse box.
Unfortunately mine already has that fuse removed, seems to be something they did on the newer or European models.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well, here's one more attempt to provide something useful to you. I believe the thread noted below is the one that I followed to remove the fuse to disable my DRLs, which worked for my 2015 Mazda3. Although the photos are somewhat obstructed by the picture host's attempt to get folks to pay up, perhaps the fuse box one is clear enough to be helpful.

Deactivating DRLs

·
Registered
662 Posts
Since I couldn't edit my previous post, I will add here that if that pictured fuse has already been removed (and you said it was?), then you must be right: the factory must have more than one way to power the DRLs on some models of the third generation of Mazda3s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts