2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H&R's on a daily with aero kit?

Hi, does anyone have experience of running these springs on their daily driver with the aero kit fitted?

I've already got them and I'm sitting here debating wether or not I should swap them for the eibach's.

I'm in the uk so sending them back isn't really an issue.

I drive my car about 100 miles everyday and go over a lot of speed bumps and crap roads in Scotland.

Am I going to scrape on speed bumps and smash into pot holes or?

Some advice would be fantastic!

Mike

·
Registered
188 Posts
I run mine 100+ miles a day on speed bumps and dirt roads no problems.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do you have the aero kit fitted?
Not yet. Looking into it actually.

Do you happen to have an idea in terms of how deep the pot holes are or how high the speed bumps are? They normally vary so its hard to say. At least all the ones here are not very higher or they are gradual. I still personally will drive around and avoid them if I can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of the roads in Scotland are crap after winter when the rain and salt has ruined the road. Some pot holes are a few inches deep and speed bumps are probably like everywhere else? I couldn't really say dude.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got the HR Springs and a Progress RSB, handling is so much nicer, had a few underbody scrapes here and there nothing major. My wife drives it and has no issue with it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A lot of the roads in Scotland are crap after winter when the rain and salt has ruined the road. Some pot holes are a few inches deep and speed bumps are probably like everywhere else? I couldn't really say dude.
I have H&R on and regardless if am lowered or not i avoid pot holes, though it's way better doing that last second maneuver to avoid pot holes on H&R because it just responds right away and fun! lol

i've defitnitely scraped the underbody during winter coz i downsized to a winter tire, i've yet to check it coz it's still cold.

As for speed bumps, as long as u slow down it shouldn't be an issue. Snow ruts will be an issue than speed bumps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you guys all happy with your H&Rs? do you feel that it is too low and will scrape often and damage the car over time?

Also was it the aero kit scraping on the ground or was it the actual underside of the M3

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are you guys all happy with your H&Rs? do you feel that it is too low and will scrape often and damage the car over time?

Also was it the aero kit scraping on the ground or was it the actual underside of the M3
I had a look at the underneath of the car when i had my oil change and i was surprise that after all the scraping i've heard over the winter it didn't do any damage at all. the first thing will scrape first is the mudguard like thingy in the front of the wheel before the bumper scrapes. I have an RA mud flaps and it's
scraping before but not anymore since i've made custom holes to adjust it up. I have the front lip but it's not installed yet. Will check once it's fitted.

Still enjoying the drop, i never regretted lowering on H&R's. Still enjoying it and now that it's spring and i've switched to my summer tires, loving it even more.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm 100% happy with my H&R's, can't express this feeling enough (or at least I thought I have lol) Under belly of your MZ3 doesn't scrape :frown2: but if you got a front lip kit installed (which ever the brand) the lip will scrape depending on the situation, again the scrape will be on the underneath side of lip kit not visible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts