2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found some H&R lowering springs for sale on craigslist for like half their ebay selling price. the ad states they were taken off his 2006 Mazda3, does anyone know if the H&R springs and generation specific? Or would the springs on his 2006 mazda3 fit my 2014 mazda3? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
i found some H&R lowering springs for sale on craigslist for like half their ebay selling price. the ad states they were taken off his 2006 Mazda3, does anyone know if the H&R springs and generation specific? Or would the springs on his 2006 mazda3 fit my 2014 mazda3? Thanks!
Different part numbers, different springs

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
They would not fit your model car.

You want these: H&R lowering springs 28821-1
CK

FYI... I just bought a set from that listing. Can't wait to see how she looks. :)

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the quick replies everyone! Too bad because the guy was selling them for about 120$ CAD. Thought i could get a smoking deal but i guess i will have to commit to the full price

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think the 28821-2 model is for the diesel engine while the 28821-1 is for the petrol engines.

Yes and no. Yes, it says diesel engine. But as these are sourced from Germany, where 2.5l cars may not exist officially, there is only a part for 2.0l cars and a part for the diesel cars. Everything has to have a TUV certification for aftermarket use, so the 28821-1 is approved only for the 2.0 cars, the 28821-2 is approved only for the diesel engine cars. That is where the fitment on the listing originates. No approval for 2.5 cars since they apparently are not sold in Germany. This doesn't mean they won't fit, it just means in Germany its not legal to install a part that doesn't have a specific TUV cert.
Since the 2.5 is larger than the 2.0, and therefore a bit heavier, it stands to reason that the -2 springs might be a better choice. Its not a huge difference though. The TUV approval says the wire diameter of the -2 version front springs is .5mm thicker and the coils are 2mm shorter. Very minor, enough to make a difference?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
I just sent the seller a message asking which one would be best for a 2.5L engine, like mine.

I will report back once I get a response.
CK

Reactions: mym3

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
Since the seller is in Germany, chances are you'll get a canned response based on whats on the TUV cert. Its very strict, so they do follow the rules. However, the cars are identical with the same suspensions. The only difference is the spring rate.:smile2:

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Yeah, the seller just said that as long as the 2.5L engine is a petrol engine, that it should be fine.
CK

Reactions: connorhilliard

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
FYI...The lowering springs arrived this morning. Tunershop is an A+ seller and they ship super fast.
CK

·
zoom~
848 Posts
Sorry, been out of the loop for a long time. Is there anyone with this setup at the moment?

Gen 3 feels refined but not as nimble.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are there anyone else running H&R Sport Springs? I am curious because I called H&R and they said they don't carry 28821-1. I have a 2016 Mazda 3. I was told this EBay listing could be fake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
No, I have not installed them yet.

I am waiting for upgraded end links to arrive and then I will be installing the springs, dampers, rear end sway bar, end links and a front strut tower bar.

Also, the H&R springs we are talking about are only available in Germany, where the e-bay seller is located. If you called their North American distributor they may not be aware of them.

Here is the e-bay seller's website, if you would rather order them directly. You can also contact them, as they got back to me super fast with my question.

Tunershop H&R Springs 28821-1
CK

1 - 20 of 27 Posts