2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help please:
my usb with mp3 is recognized, plays, and everything and is able to SHOW music by genre and artist, but it doesn't show an option to play all genre or artist...it goes to artist to album to songs, the I can choose a song to play....I want to play ALL the music by genre or artist. is there a way for the mazda player to do this? did I miss something? or do I have to create a playlist for each genre and each artist (Note: I have A LOT of music)

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,881 Posts
2014+ 3s can be upgraded to Android Auto or Carplay, which is capable of doing that as long as you have the music files tagged properly and stored on your phone.
CK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I'm looking to get USB memory stick configured to play ALL the music in a genre or artist. But I don't see an option to do that. The menu gets deeper until it gets to songs in the album. I tried the Android Auto. Thanks for that. Didn't know about it. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think this will recognize the USB memory stick connected to the car.

Any guidance would appreciated. Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
I use Audacity free software for copying music from U-Tube and saving as a MP3 file, storing on my pc external hard drive, then once assembled copy them onto a 16 GB memory stick for use in the car only. I have the Sanyo NB1 console, so no artwork, not that it would be of any use to me, I am not really worried who is playing even though I have the artists name. Its only more distraction, much the same as a moving map on the dash, all you need are the audio directions via the speakers. I use Google maps on my tablet if I need to setting them up in wifi range before leaving.
One thing I learnt on speed awareness course is not to drive by the speed indicated on a satnav, but by your speedo, not that google maps shows this. My tablet is usually folded away and stuck between the seats working on Bluetooth to the speaker system and playing music from the memory card when not giving directions.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts