2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 3 i Sport, 2.0 Liter
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

So I just recently bought a 2016 Mazda 3, and I have to admit, the Mazdaspeed 3 hood scoop is one of the most appealing features of that car, and I want it on my sedan.

Are there any aero kit sellers that offer a hood with a functional hood scoop? Or will I have to cut, mold, and paint one myself or through a shop?

Thank you for any guidance you can offer!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I chose to install the louvers addressed below on my 2015 hood. I monitor a gauge for engine-bay heat, and these louvers keep the under-hood temps at ambient while underway, and, importantly, help bleed off the terrible 150F+ peak-heat buildup when the car is parked after a hot run.

The shape of these particular louvers allowed me to install them without messing with or compromising the hood bracing. Our cars have a long, heavy hood for their class, which adds to their natural beauty and has room for installation of louvers.

I added the louvers to enhance my battery life which suffers in the heat, and they should help extend the life of other under-hood stuff as well.

Jeep Universal Hood Louvers | Hyline Offroad

·
Registered
334 Posts
I chose to install the louvers addressed below on my 2015 hood. I monitor a gauge for engine-bay heat, and these louvers keep the under-hood temps at ambient while underway, and, importantly, help bleed off the terrible 150F+ peak-heat buildup when the car is parked after a hot run.

The shape of these particular louvers allowed me to install them without messing with or compromising the hood bracing. Our cars have a long, heavy hood for their class, which adds to their natural beauty and has room for installation of louvers.

I added the louvers to enhance my battery life which suffers in the heat, and they should help extend the life of other under-hood stuff as well.

Jeep Universal Hood Louvers | Hyline Offroad
well now you have to post pictures of you rhood

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls, so too old to post pictures. But the pictures shown on that Jeep with the louvers in the catalog could have been taken for my Mazda.

By the way, I have a Jeep too, and installed the same louvers on that one too, so I've gotten pretty good at hood-ventilating.

Apparently I like cool engine bays.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, I believe it does. Make sure you communicate with sellers on alibaba to check. Product details are always a bit sketchy but the items I've purchased have been ok so far for body parts. there are a ton of hoods now, also carbon fiber.

Heres one listed as 4 door sedan:
2020 Tr Style Carbon Fiber Hood Bonnet For Mazda 3 Axela - Buy Carbon Hood For Mazda,Carbon Fiber Hood,Carbon Hood For Mazda 3 Product on Alibaba.com
Looks good to me. My buddy got this Mazda 3 project and he's looking for more cosmetic ideas to make it look more aggressive. We'll just finish installing the set of tires from 4 Wheelonline onto the truck this week before we can start working on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts