2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I gave this bar a try and boy does it make a difference! Pair these with the front tie bar and it'll make your steering tons more responsive! Now I do have to say, for those who live in areas with constant wet conditions, I wouldn't recommend have this bar installed for a DD, it can throw your rear end out and surprise the hell outta ya by spinning out.

My tip for installing these, when you thread the bolt back in, as you get towards the middle you'll notice as you turn the bolt it would be very loose and won't go any further, you have to angle the bolt UP and thread it in at the same time. So what I did was grab hold of your rachet and pull down, use your other hand and PUSH it in as you tighten, kinda tricky but it took me like half hour to figure that out after cursing up a storm. Enjoy the few pics (kinda hard taking a pic with a camera under your car lol)

20140412_172404.jpg

20140412_175904.jpg

20140412_175855.jpg

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Does the car feel more stiffly sprung after install? I drove and observed @DomTheGhost car the other night and it looks like the car is literally moving around more (and needing more suspension travel) than my car does on the same road roughness. Only two factors are chassis stiffness and damping forces now that he and I have the same springs.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its more "springy" type of feel, but doesn't make the car feel like its all over the road tho. In fact, when I did the front tie brace a while back, it made my car feel more straight as you were driving it, kinda as if I just got an alignment.

·
The Turbo Guy
205 Posts
I recently installed the GT Spec rear toe arm brace. I didn't notice a big difference, but I wasn't expecting one. I still have the OEM marshmallow bushings, and my tires aren't big enough to significantly deform the rear subframe. I was getting an alignment so I threw it on there, despite knowing that it's not the current weak link for me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dumb question, whats the difference between this and a sway bar?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dumb question, whats the difference between this and a sway bar?
Rear sway bar basic function is limit body roll rear of the car.

The tie bar (whether front or rear) is suppose to be designed to stiffen up the chassis by connecting to the left and right lower control arm. Key word here is "suppose to".

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
One of these just came up for sale on MOCC, so I decide to research it a little bit and, of course, I end up here. Dammit. Hey look, there's the Whiteline bar I just bought off you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts