2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running these tires?

I went ahead and ordered a set for my girlfriend's 3 to mount on the MS3 wheels that I bought her. I know they're some chinese brand...tried to do some research and surprisingly found nothing but good ratings from people, especially those with FWD. Even Consumer Reports rated them better than other budget summer tires like Falken Azenis FK453, Kumho Ecsta LE Sport, Sumitomo HTR ZIII and Cooper Zeon RS3-S.

I paid $303 for a set of 4...225/40/18...SHIPPED. Couldn't find a better price for summer performance tires...and since my gf doesn't drive very fast, i figured i'd give them a shot. If they're mind boggingly horrible, I'll just sell them and then buy a better set next year. Getting installed this Saturday...will let you know how i think after driving on them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i gotta say that after driving for a few days on these tires, i'm pretty happy with them. They're definitely not the best looking tire, but they're pretty sticky and i felt very comfortable taking tight turns at speed on lower wacker drive (for those not from Chicago, this is where the big chase scenes in 'The Dark Knight' and 'Wanted' were filmed). With the upgrades to the suspension I made to the car, i felt like it would take quite a bit more to get the tires to their limits.

If anyone's looking for a budget summer performance tire and considering brands like Kumho, Hankook, Sumitomo, Falken, etc...the Champiro UHP1 definitely performs just as well as these guys and are typically much cheaper. Like I said, I got mine for $303 shipped (stock mazdaspeed3 gen2 size) from Discount Tire.

Mounted:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts