2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an auto dimming mirror from the junkyard and ordered an install kit, but it turned out to be the wrong one and the connector won't fit the back of the mirror. Anyone know the part number for the regular auto dimming mirror?

I ordered 0000-8F-H75, which is a 7 pin connector (when I think all the auto dimming mirrors are 5 pin).

·
Registered
25 Posts
are the auto dimming mirrors the ones with the homelink garage opener?

do you know what years will fit a 2017 by anychance? o-o
or are they across all generations

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
@Zmattmanz

If I recall correctly, there was a difference between a 2014 and 2015 harness. The 2014 sGT came with its own auto dim mirror w/o homelink. In 2014 you could not install the homelink mirror in an sGT because of the difference in the harness. In 2015 the homelink mirror became standard in an sGT. So w/o knowing the year of your 3, or the year of the mirror you picked up from the junkyard, we're not really able to provide too much direction. Give us some more info and we might be able to connect the dots for you. Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. I didn't know those was different between years. Regardless, this mirror was out of a 2014 sGT and put into a 2014 iTouring. This is the one that would have came stock on a Mazda3 (meaning it doesn't have compass or homelink).

@Zmattmanz

If I recall correctly, there was a difference between a 2014 and 2015 harness. The 2014 sGT came with its own auto dim mirror w/o homelink. In 2014 you could not install the homelink mirror in an sGT because of the difference in the harness. In 2015 the homelink mirror became standard in an sGT. So w/o knowing the year of your 3, or the year of the mirror you picked up from the junkyard, we're not really able to provide too much direction. Give us some more info and we might be able to connect the dots for you. Cheers

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Hmm. I didn't know those was different between years. Regardless, this mirror was out of a 2014 sGT and put into a 2014 iTouring. This is the one that would have came stock on a Mazda3 (meaning it doesn't have compass or homelink).
Yes I believe you're going to have issues with that. In 2014, the Homelink mirror was an add-on accessory that would work with all models except for an sGT. 2014 sGT owners had to develop their own solution if they wanted to have a homelink mirror. As stated, it 2015, the homelink mirror became standard in sGT models.

So as far as a solution for you, I'm not sure it's been explored. Back in 2014, a person with a trim less than an sGT who wanted an auto-dim mirror would have only had the option to order the homelink accessory because of the difference in the wiring harness.

I know that's kind of a complicated explanation, but I hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts