2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased H&R lowering springs, a Corksport rear sway bar and front strut tower bar.

I plan on running the RSB on it's stiffest setting and was reading that, as I will be lowered, I will need upgraded end links to do so.

I'm leaning towards getting the GRP end links, Moog would work too, and plan to install them in the front and the rear.

Will these work for both the front and rear? I noticed it comes with several adapter lengths, so I'm hopeful it will.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281650967850?rmvSB=true#vi-ilComp
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for confirming arathol. I had a feeling you would be the one to help me on this. :)

Now I need to to do some tool shopping, buy some jack stands and I'll be set to slap all these new parts on. I'm pretty excited to get this project started.

I may install the Koni FSD dampers and the H&R lowering springs this weekend, as I want to do the installation in stages to see how each part impacts the ride handling and performance.
CK

·
Super Moderator
6,401 Posts
One thing to watch for on the front though. The ends are a bit larger than stock. Make sure they are installed so as to clear the pinchwelds on the underside of the body. The upper end should have the stud pointed outwards so it doesn't hit anything.....when it does its loud...:whistling 1:

·
Super Moderator
6,401 Posts
I may install the Koni FSD dampers and the H&R lowering springs this weekend, as I want to do the installation in stages to see how each part impacts the ride handling and performance.
CK
You don't really want to install in stages if you have all the parts in hand. The front struts have to be disassembled to swap the springs. Best bet is to assemble the new struts and springs and install them as a unit. The rears can be done separately, but you need to detach the lower control arms from the hub to do it. Again, when you have it apart do everything once instead of taking it apart twice. Trying to do a comparison will be a lot of extra work.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds like good advice. Thanks!

I will be patient and wait for my new GRP end links to arrive before starting the installation of ALL parts.

I found a stubby ratchet today that I think will help with the RSB install.
CK

·
Super Moderator
6,401 Posts
That sounds like good advice. Thanks!

I will be patient and wait for my new GRP end links to arrive before starting the installation of ALL parts.

I found a stubby ratchet today that I think will help with the RSB install.
CK
That ratchet might help. I use a 1/4" drive with a universal.
Lowering the rear subframe a bit helps when trying to gain access to the bushing brackets also. You'll need a bit more room if you want to torque the fasteners properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts