2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Orange Virus Tuning has offered a special Group Buy promotion for members of this forum who would like to have their 3rd generation Mazda 3 2.0 or 2.5 skyactiv tuned to their liking!

With this GB, you get to choose the type of tune you are interested in (eg. Fuel economy, Max performance, performance & fuel economy, etc.), and all tune setting will be geared for your specific car, mods, and desired octane level. You will also get a lifetime of unlimited updates, should you decide to change your bolt-on mods in the future. Orange Virus tuning has access to calibrating over 3000 maps in the skyactiv ECU, such as those involved in VVT intake/exhaust settings, ignition timing, AFR, sensor (e.g. MAF) calibration, fuel control, etc. They've had outstanding results with the skyactiv 2.5 in the Mazda 6. The results so far are posted on this Mazda 6 forum:

Orange Virus Tuned 3rd Gen Mazda6 2.5G Skayctiv Results and Technical Discussion - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

For example, WHP/WTQ from a stock Mazda 6 skyactiv 2.5 with an Orange Virus tune running 91 octane (stock tune/half tuned/full OV tune):
11329015_1572333526373467_1853684600_n.jpg

K&N SRI, RB axle-back exhaust, 91 octane (stock tune/OV tune):
11301416_1572334483040038_2121927440_n.jpg

Tuning on the 3d generation Mazda 3 skyactiv 2.0 just began last week, and we are expecting to see preliminary results within the next 1-2 weeks. Orange Virus tuning has had great results with the same engine in the 2nd generation Mazda 3, running the older 4-1 header and 12:1 compression. We expect to see greater gains with the Gen 3 running the 4-2-1 header and 13:1 compression ratio.

The GB price will reflect the number of individuals interested. This post will help set GB the price down from the regular price of $135. The final price will not include a Tactrix cable or MazdaEdit software. Please post a message in this thread indicating that you are interested in this GB, and I will add you to the list below. The deadline to join this GB will be June 10th.

For more information regarding the tunes, visit:

Orange Virus website: Ovtuned

Facebook Orange Virus page: https://www.facebook.com/Orangevirustuningltd?fref=ts

Join the Facebook Mazda 3 Tuning group (Facebook account required)

You can also email OV Tuning: [email protected]

Group Buy Members:

1. @Fat Ralphy
2. @chavy
3. @miket0429
4. @Moto-x_Mike
5. @caracicatriz
6. @MISTER3

**UPDATE** OV Tuning has updated the price for this Group buy. They will offer their custom tune for your 3d gen Mazda 3 2.0 or 2.5 skyactiv and MazdaEdit software for a total of $300. A tactrix cable must be purchased separately. A payment link via Paypal has been provided:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=9SJA7526MUERJ&lc=US&item_name=OrangeVirus Tune 3rd Gen Mazda 3 Software+Tune&item_number=OVT-GB-MZ3-03&amount=300.00&currency_code=USD&button_subtype=services&bn=PP-BuyNowBF:btn_buynowCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

This offer will only be available until June 10th, and payments must be made by the 10th. After you make the payment through Paypal, OV tuning will contact you at the email address you registered with Paypal. You will get your base tune file, MazdaEdit software, and all instructions once they identify your car and your desired tune preferences.

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
It would be beneficial for all parties if this was moved to the Group Buys section in the Marketplace.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Interested!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm interested, but would like more info.

What's the additional cost for the Tactrix cable & MazdaEdit software?
MazdaEdit Lite version (version when you are not self-tuning) is $175. Tactrix is $170+ shipping. If you get enough people, Epifan will discount MazdaEdit.

·
Registered
294 Posts
MazdaEdit Lite version (version when you are not self-tuning) is $175. Tactrix is $170+ shipping. If you get enough people, Epifan will discount MazdaEdit.
Is there anything wrong with buying a used Tactrix cable?

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Is there anything wrong with buying a used Tactrix cable?
Nope.

Mentioned on FB group, but will list here as interested as well.
Also,
I have an group buy link for MazdaEdit for those who wants it, Please PM me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the tactrix and the cable for sell in buy, sell, trade for 100 dollars shipped in the lower 48. The box is opened but never used.
PM'd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased mine the day preorders were available. Cant wait to see the results

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is the group buy still open?

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi everyone!

Ok, confused here, but my heart is pumping...

I know practically NOTHING about cars, got my 2014 Mazda 3 sedan iGT (2.0L Skyactive) a year ago. Pretty much the day I rolled off the lot I regretted not getting the sGT.

So, since then, I've been slowly customizing, next are the lights, and I know no matter how much cosmetically I do to it, I'll yearn for that extra power.

Therefore, I've been looking to gain more power, especially since I do a loooot of highway driving (already at 26,100 miles), and need that extra zoom zoom...

Is this the holy grail of what I'm looking for? I've been hearing about a supercharger as well for the skyactive that some guy is testing here on the forums.

Where should I start? What does this tuning actually do, how is it done, and what prerequisites are needed?

I haven't done ANY performance mods, although I was thinking of getting the SRI from Corksport...

I'm down to be added to the GB, but only if I know what I'm getting myself into, and if it requires anything on my part to install/tweak.

Thanks in advance, and remember, I'm a complete car noob!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Where should I start? What does this tuning actually do, how is it done, and what prerequisites are needed?

I haven't done ANY performance mods, although I was thinking of getting the SRI from Corksport...

I'm down to be added to the GB, but only if I know what I'm getting myself into, and if it requires anything on my part to install/tweak.

Thanks in advance, and remember, I'm a complete car noob!
A tune will be the best dollar-for-dollar power mod for your Mazda 3, and OV Tuning has been the only company that I am aware of that has obtained great results and customer feedback on the skyactiv 2.0 and 2.5 through custom tunes (Mazda 3, 6, CX-5 ranging from 2012-2016). There are other companies that say they do skyactiv custom tunes, but their results are currently lacking. There is plenty of information to get your started on what is involved with an OV Tune, and the gains that can be achieved on this link, and OV Tune website:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/94282-mazda-3-gen-3-2014-ecu-tuning-will-supported.html

Ovtuned

Before getting a tune, I suggest you start with some basic bolt-ons that will enhance gains possible for the tune. To free up intake flow, consider purchasing a SRI with cold air box/isolation wall, or a CAI. Avoid the Corksport model for this reason:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/96186-corksport-vs-jbr-sri.html

Here's a great way to add an isolation wall to cool down your intake temperatures with a SRI, if you go down that route:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/95050-heat-shield-air-box-cs-sri-3.html

You can also buy this CAI, but its not a true CAI since its still getting heat from inside the engine bay:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/95626-injen-cold-air-short-ram-intake-2-0-engine.html

You can than help exhaust flow by getting a cat-back or axle-back exhaust. If I were to prioritize, I'd go with an air intake mod first, than do an exhaust. A SRI/CAI requires the MAF sensor to be calibrated which will be done by the tune, whereas an exhaust mod (aside from header) will not need any sensor calibration, and requires little adjustment to the settings. It's better to do these bolt-ons first before the tune (mainly the SRI/CAI), since you will have to re-tune the car after you add them later. With bolt-ons, you can generally make tune settings more aggressive which will allow greater power gains.

If you wish to get on this group buy offer, but you need to obtain bolt-ons, you can still purchase the OV Tune group buy tune, and have your car tuned whenever you are ready. OV Tune also offers free updates after you do bolt-ons, so you can re-visit your tune settings in the future for no extra cost. Creating alternate tune files with a different type of tune (eg. fuel economy vs. performance) or octane level can be done at a small extra charge (contact OV Tuning for more details).

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you add my name to the list? I expressed interest on Facebook a few weeks ago but didn't realize there was a thread here.
Sure thing. Added

·
Registered
65 Posts
A tune will be the best dollar-for-dollar power mod for your Mazda 3, and OV Tuning has been the only company that I am aware of that has obtained great results and customer feedback on the skyactiv 2.0 and 2.5 through custom tunes (Mazda 3, 6, CX-5 ranging from 2012-2016). There are other companies that say they do skyactiv custom tunes, but their results are currently lacking. There is plenty of information to get your started on what is involved with an OV Tune, and the gains that can be achieved on this link, and OV Tune website:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/94282-mazda-3-gen-3-2014-ecu-tuning-will-supported.html

Ovtuned

Before getting a tune, I suggest you start with some basic bolt-ons that will enhance gains possible for the tune. To free up intake flow, consider purchasing a SRI with cold air box/isolation wall, or a CAI. Avoid the Corksport model for this reason:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/96186-corksport-vs-jbr-sri.html

Here's a great way to add an isolation wall to cool down your intake temperatures with a SRI, if you go down that route:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/95050-heat-shield-air-box-cs-sri-3.html

You can also buy this CAI, but its not a true CAI since its still getting heat from inside the engine bay:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/95626-injen-cold-air-short-ram-intake-2-0-engine.html

You can than help exhaust flow by getting a cat-back or axle-back exhaust. If I were to prioritize, I'd go with an air intake mod first, than do an exhaust. A SRI/CAI requires the MAF sensor to be calibrated which will be done by the tune, whereas an exhaust mod (aside from header) will not need any sensor calibration, and requires little adjustment to the settings. It's better to do these bolt-ons first before the tune (mainly the SRI/CAI), since you will have to re-tune the car if you tune first, than add them later. With bolt-ons, you can generally make tune settings more aggressive which will allow greater power gains.

If you wish to get on this group buy offer, but you need to obtain bolt-ons, you can still purchase the OV Tune group buy tune, and have your car tuned whenever you are ready. OV Tune also offers free updates after you do bolt-ons, so you can re-visit your tune settings in the future for no extra cost. Creating alternate tune files with a different type of tune (eg. fuel economy vs. performance) or octane level can be done at a small extra charge (contact OV Tuning for more details).
Excellent explanation and advice! Thanks so much. Let me digest all this and see what I want to do. Most likely I'm down, how long I have until, June 10th?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.