2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Your statement kinda contradicts itself. While it is the same headlight, it is being sold with pre-installed HID/Xenon Kit. Hence, they are HID headlights being sold. I posted for those who don't care to cut a bigger hole, open up and reseal headlights..not to mention shop for an HID kit. The bulbs in the pics look like Osram so I'd be careful to call these cheap without knowing for sure.
Gotta be careful calling it OSRAM too...osram is the most knocked off HID bulb brand and there are several manufacturers that even print OSRAM on their bulbs, despite being cheap knockoffs...I've seen various versions up close...pretty hard to tell with their forgeries...they are all over ebay...that's why I always recommend buying from TRS because they go straight from the source for osram/philips.

As far as calling these xenon HID headlights, I wouldn't go that far because that assumes both a proper xenon projector and HID bulbs/ballast...this is a halogen projector with HID bulbs/ballast.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Your statement kinda contradicts itself. While it is the same headlight, it is being sold with pre-installed HID/Xenon Kit. Hence, they are HID headlights being sold. I posted for those who don't care to cut a bigger hole, open up and reseal headlights..not to mention shop for an HID kit. The bulbs in the pics look like Osram so I'd be careful to call these cheap without knowing for sure.
The bulbs in the picture are just H11 rebased into HID bulbs. Osram/Philips only sell D1S/R, D2S/R, D3S HID bulbs. They won't make a re-based bulb.

·
#MonsterMazda
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Honestly It was not very hard to cut a hole in the cap to add the HID's. Just make sure that you have the rubber grommet still on the HID wires so that you can use it to plug the hole.

I think it wold be more cost effective to use your own HID's and make a hole than buy a "kit" for $150+ more than the group buy pricing we have.

That is just my opinion though.

I still need those that have deposited to message me their e-mail address they used OR a PayPal order number

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Honestly It was not very hard to cut a hole in the cap to add the HID's. Just make sure that you have the rubber grommet still on the HID wires so that you can use it to plug the hole.

I think it wold be more cost effective to use your own HID's and make a hole than buy a "kit" for $150+ more than the group buy pricing we have.

That is just my opinion though.
I think that is the better route if you are getting these...yes, you need to do the work, but for the extra $150, I would rather spend that and get a top of the line Morimoto Elite H11 kit. Then you know that the extra $150 is worth it. You know they are using a cheaper $30-50 type of kit. Nothing wrong with that, but you might as well choose the cheaper kit and save the $100+ or spend the same but get the top quality HID kit.

·
#MonsterMazda
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
So what kind of a discount are we looking at right now?
Right now we are at $347, for some reason they are not seeing everyones deposits though...and no one is getting back to me with their e-mail address and order number so that I can have them find it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just paid the deposit, hopefully everything goes smoothly!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same, let me know soon if I'm showing up!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got them on!

More pics in my build thread. Are we gonna have our own "Show us your K2 Headlights thread?"

·
#MonsterMazda
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Got them on!

More pics in my build thread. Are we gonna have our own "Show us your K2 Headlights thread?"
We should!! haha they look great on your car man!

I just realized I accidently posted my update to my build on here LOL Can a mod delete my post up there with the pictures?!

·
#MonsterMazda
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Yah, idk whats happening. They didn't even give me my Tracking number yet o.0
Just to clarify. You received an e-mail from them with a personalized Discount code to pay the rest of your deposit right?!

If so, then I have no idea what the hold up could be. I would try e-mailing them with your order# for more information.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just to clarify. You received an e-mail from them with a personalized Discount code to pay the rest of your deposit right?!

If so, then I have no idea what the hold up could be. I would try e-mailing them with your order# for more information.
yah i emailed them twice already, still no reply.

Okay, they emailed me today saying they got backed up. They are gonna be sending mine out here in the next 24 hours. Thought i wasn't gonna be getting my headlights :sad:

201 - 220 of 222 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.