2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i am special needs...

I'm installing a direct wire radar detector. used add-a-circuit to my drivers side interior fuse panel. just not sure what the easiest and safest ground location is...can anybody advise a safe ground in that immediate area?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
random bolt that connects to something metal, thats what i did... i think lol

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
see that bolt... if that is connected to the chassis of the vehicle.. you can use that as a ground

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
i dont think many people have played around down there...Frnch may have with all his lighting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't really tell if its connected to the chassis.

so how about this scenario...lets say its not a proper place to ground the wire...what would happen? would it simply blow the fuse or likely something worse?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Any screw to metal will usually give you a ground. I do know a few feet away in the kick panel area there is a great place to ground the wire if it isn't bigger then 4 ga. Just unsnap the panel and you will see the factory ground mounted right on the car.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I can't really tell if its connected to the chassis.

so how about this scenario...lets say its not a proper place to ground the wire...what would happen? would it simply blow the fuse or likely something worse?
you'll be fine, the most you would get is static on ur car, just attracts dust and shock you once in a while lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep anywhere there is metal is good.. I went for the ground location in the kick panel , all you have to do is unscrew the bolt put your new ground wire on it and tighten up again..

I would recommend that if there are multiple devices running on the same circuit that they all use the same ground point or common ground. a good practice and can reduce any power related problems...

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
I put mine to a bolt that is inside the fuse area that connects to metal. It worked.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
Run a ground lug to the battery in the bay. Make ur own grounding tap

·
Registered
271 Posts
I believe I used the bolt on the very top of your picture for the hardwire, but you can probably just use either one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts