2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions for you all. When I turn my AC on after the car has been sitting for a while, I occasionally get this really loud grinding sound that last for a couple seconds. This can't be normal. Has anyone experienced this? Also, when I do have the AC on, the engine performance goes WAY down. I often have to get my rpm's up to about 2k to get the car going from a stop. I know there is extra strain on the engine from the AC but it does not seem like there should be that much power being lost. It will occasionally do it without the ac on as well.

If none of this is normal with your 3's, I know that the dealer cannot tell me it is when I take it to them to be fixed.

forgot to mention.... 2010 3 itouring 2.0 manual

·
Registered Drug User
100 Posts
I have a few questions for you all. When I turn my AC on after the car has been sitting for a while, I occasionally get this really loud grinding sound that last for a couple seconds. This can't be normal. Has anyone experienced this? Also, when I do have the AC on, the engine performance goes WAY down. I often have to get my rpm's up to about 2k to get the car going from a stop. I know there is extra strain on the engine from the AC but it does not seem like there should be that much power being lost. It will occasionally do it without the ac on as well.

If none of this is normal with your 3's, I know that the dealer cannot tell me it is when I take it to them to be fixed.

forgot to mention.... 2010 3 itouring 2.0 manual
I literally just posted in a thread containing your answer:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2010-mazda-3-engine-performance/7795-ac-compressor.html

As far as the engine strain, mine is the exact same way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bigger difference mileage wise from AC on or off of any car I've ever owned. My AC compressor is also loud and abrupt when it's first turned on.
2010 S hatchback 6 speed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts