2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was toying with the idea of getting a custom grill guard put on my car (i want to protect it from horrible city drivers) so i photoshopped this picture. Let me know what you guys think. is this radically cool or horribly wrong?

Attachments

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Horribly wrong...that belongs on a big suv, not a hatchback.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
This what we need! Found it on 247. I'd like mine made out of ABS and painted to match my bumper and Darko you can get yours armor plated and we'll all be happy! Apparently some vendor is looking into making a bumper to kill the smile a little. If they do I'm first in line! This is a rendering from one of the mods on 247.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thats what I need ha! Crazy college students having road rage, and also for all the deers down here in the south :tongue: no need to go hunting then! :yes:

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
that blue one just turns the up to no good grin into a cutesy lil smile that makes people want to hug it and me throw up

·
Registered
164 Posts
that blue one just turns the up to no good grin into a cutesy lil smile that makes people want to hug it and me throw up
huh - looks like a fish to me... my car is black, so its not nearly as obvious, however i would likely consider the fish grill - i kind of like it - but not in a troy mcclure kind of way...

right, the grill guard... not a fan - looks like it belongs in jurasic park to me - though having lived in chicago and parking on city streets - i can understand the desire for one

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe something like the grills police cars may not look too bad. But I think the full on suv grill is just horribly wrong.

Kind of unrelated, but found this while searching. Watch out for him in the rear view mirror:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
How's this? Less or more nauseating? As for the Dodge Durango grill guard. Hanging 150 lbs off of the already front heavy MZ3 can't be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
less fish like - so... better i say

are these actual product renderings? if there was an inexpensive way to make the car less happy, that was easy enough to install, i think it would sell

·
Registered
5,636 Posts

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts