2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am a new Mazda 3 owner. My previous ride was a 2008 Scion XB. I was sad to let that thing go but it was time, and repair costs were adding up. I'm really glad I found Mazda. That last time I was in one was when my parents owned an old-school MPV from the early 90s. I like that Mazda has a good automatic transmission (would love to learn how to drive manual but never had the opportunity to try. Grew up watching my dad and granddad use one throughout most of childhood though). I know most car makers are leaning toward the CVT transmission, but I just wasn't sure about it from all I've heard. Glad to know that Mazda has great gas mileage without using CVT. Glad to be here!

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Welcome Lep10! Interesting that some of the makers of CVT's have begin to realize that their customers are not typically happy campers. For example, the brand new Subaru Impreza's CVT is specifically designed so it feels much like a traditional automatic, with "mock gear steps" (my descriptive term, not theirs).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts