2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I've been wanting a Mazda3 hatchback since I first saw and drove one back in 2005. I actually liked the Protege5s too (it reminded me of the red '73 RX-3 wagon my mom had when I was a kid), but as a family with 3 small kids in the early '00s, my wife didn't seem to think the Mazda 3 was very practical. I test drove a few over the years Gen 1 2.3L M/T, Gen 2 i/S M/T, Gen 3 i M/T,... even almost bought one of the last '13 MS3s, but never pulled the trigger.

Fast forward to 2017: We recently got a '16 CX-5 for my daughter to drive, but I still want a Mazda 3 to run around in (I normally drive a GMC 2500HD crew-cab). Since I sold my motorcycle last year, my wife decided a used Mazda 3 is a better mid-life crisis than many other options, so I'm actively in the market for a Gen 1. Must be a hatchback and must have manual transmission. Prefer black mica or metropolitan gray mica. Willing to pay more for better condition.

Reactions: ElNino77

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your search. I like gen 1 and gen 3 models. Love my gen 3.
Agreed! I like all Mazda3's but Gen 1s are my favorites. I would like a Gen 3 2.5L M/T, but I'm not ready to spend that much on a back-up vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts