2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just bought a 2013 Crystal White Pearl I-Touring today. Happy to be a part of the community and can't wait to start making my 3 uniquely mine. Any thoughts on where to start first?

Cheers.

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
Welcome to the forum...there's plenty to do with our cars, but it really depends what you're looking for (performance, handling, appearance, sound quality..)

Personally I'd get my tinting done first. I live in south fl so that's just personal preference. Post some pics!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Welcome! I'll be moving to St Louis in the fall for college. Going to the St Louis College of Pharmacy. As far as the car, look at the M3R rides meets and pics section then look at all the build threads. It'll give you an idea of what you can do or inspire you do something similar yet different. Post any basic questions you have in here and we'll be happy to help :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome! X3 on the tint. Also, get HIDs if you do night driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all,

I'm definitely planning on tint. Likely 20% all around. I always intended on getting it on my last car, but never managed. I come from a G35 coupe, which was a lot of fun, but also a lot of premium gas.

HIDs are on the list too, but from what I'm reading, the reviews are split between Raptors and DDMs. Guess it's just a toss-up?

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
Is the mister white a breaking bad reference by the way?

Yeah ddm I believe has a warranty so if they give you problems you can get a new pair. I'd call it a toss up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks all,

I'm definitely planning on tint. Likely 20% all around. I always intended on getting it on my last car, but never managed. I come from a G35 coupe, which was a lot of fun, but also a lot of premium gas.

HIDs are on the list too, but from what I'm reading, the reviews are split between Raptors and DDMs. Guess it's just a toss-up?
Hey man! Fellow Missourian here, up in Columbia but my in-laws live in St. Charles so I find myself down in your area a decent bit.

Just wanted to point out that the most tint you can (legally) do on the front windows in Missouri is 35% (no limit on back and rear windows). Not sure how STL cops are about tint but if they're anything like STC cops are about.. uh, anything, I'd keep it legal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm reception! I was actually thinking of Reservoir Dogs when I created the username (which I spent approximately 2 seconds thinking about). My 3 is white, so I figured I'd integrate it somehow.

My car before last (Mercedes C230k) was tinted 20% and I never got any trouble. If I had 5%, I might get some more attention, but my best friend is a prosecutor for St. Louis County, so even if I do get problems, I'm not so worried about it :D

I've already ordered some HIDs and bumper guards for the hatch so I don't scratch the sh*t out of it. I'll probably keep this car pretty tame in terms of mods so as not to void my warranty or cost me gas mileage. Getting used to a car with half the horsepower of my last vehicle is very tough though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my HIDs and bumper step plates installed today. the 5000k HIDs look excellent and didn't require any realignment of the projectors. The step plates will guard the bumper, but look a bit like a stereotypical french mustache. Kind of weird. Happy to make progress on making it mine though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts