2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mazda owner. I just signed on here to do some research on the '14 Mazda 3. I've always been impressed with the car. My buddy owns an '07 MS3 and it does a good job of keeping pace with my old '06 Subaru WRX-STI in the straightaways. Nowadays, the STI is gone and I've been driving a '13 Honda CR Zed ever since. Not the most exciting or useful car in the world, so I'm looking to replace it with the 3.

My wife loves the car. We took out an iTouring a few days ago and was pleased with the refinements. The interior looked like it belonged in more expensive cars, and it just goes to show how much Mazda has progressed in this part of the game. Having owned a '93 Miata and '00 Protege, those Spartan interiors seem like a distant memory.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to be here and, hopefully, we'll have a 3 in our garage within the next couple of months. Whether it's a '14 or a '15 iSport or iTouring is up for debate, but it will unquestionably be a manual.

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
Welcome friend! Ya the new 14's are pretty nice! Im jelly about the HUD. Wish my 13 had one.
Every day they are developing more and more performance and aesthetic aftermarket parts for the new 3's. Its very impressive and exciting to see.
If you buy, will you go hatch or sedan?

Enjoy your stay, do lots of searches and ask lots of questions!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whittier! Wow. I miss going up and down Turnbull. That would have been a nice place to test the MZ3's capabilities. :cheesy:

We're looking at the 5-door; she loves the look and the practicality of the hatch while I believe it will be better suited for performance driving. I actually wouldn't mind getting the steelies on the iSport so I can put winter tires on it to deal with the Nor'easters and for RallyXing. Then perhaps get a set of 17's with summer tires for the warmer parts of the year and AutoXing.

I hear a lot of the technology stuff will become standard on the upcoming '15 models.

·
Somewhere in the Matrix
170 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts