2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the fourm and the Mazda world. I've always been a truck guy but cost was starting to kill my pocket. Never have I ever looked at a Mazda. Baring a couple of friends that had old RX7s and the newer RX8s, I never gave them a second thought. Then my fifth point of contact landed in a 14 M3. Boy, am I glad I didn't over look this car and did my research. Needless to say, I am impressed. The quality and gadgets you get in this car, for the price, is amazing. No regrets and I'm not looking back. Glad to be apart of the Mazda nation.

Attachments

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Welcome along, gald you're happy with your purchase. Any plans for any mods?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lowering springs, strut bar and heavier sway are in the near future. Just putting the break in miles now so everything settles well. High flow air filter as well. Don't really see a need for a full CAI when it basically has a ram air box. Coilovers will be down the road. Possibly some new wheels too. Not really sure how big the aftermarket world is for the 3 yet. Any ideas, send them along.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hello and welcome! I came from a lifetime spent in the truck world myself. '03 F-150 V8 was keeping my bank account empty just from my daily commute. Something had to give. Went from paying 70 bucks per fill up about 5-6 times per month to now paying 30 bucks 3-4 times per month. Changed my life lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. I was up to 8 times a month filling up at 85-90 a fill up! It just became crazy. I had my last truck 7 months and put 15k miles on it. Just to much driving for that kind of money. I'll miss my truck and have one again, but this car isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to mazda!! Great color choice and some great mods to get started with.
I hear ya on the truck..I love my trucks as well but for fuel economy reasons the 2011 Sierra is a garage queen mostly. She comes out to play when we have to haul the trailer and canoes or if it's extremely crappy weather then I'll take the truck to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have never been a white fan, but the regular black looked cheap to me and there were no Gunmetal Grey (whatever it is) ones available. The flake in this white puts it over the top to me. Just trying to think of a good wheel color combo now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome to the forums and the mazda community ! Funny thing is I also was not a big fan of white but ever since I got my mz3 in CWP it really grew on me and I love it.

I also was looking for a good color wheel combo. I don't know if I want to keep it clean maybe with a gun metal or hyper silver or go for an eye catcher and do gold or maybe bronze. White/ gold looks nice every time I see them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been bouncing around a black lip with a machined face idea for a bit. That's just based of how much I really like the stock wheels. I could see not changing but I know that won't happen. I like to make my vehicles "mine". A chrome lip with gold face would look sick or horrid with the pearly flake. I think that would boil down to styling of the wheel. You basically feel exactly how I do lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts