2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Professional Amateur
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Alex. Please tell us a little about your car and your initial modding ideas.
I actually just started a thread about that. I can't link it since I just joined but here's the rundown

Hey guys, I'm a complete beginner when it comes to working in cars, but I would really like to get into it. I have a 2011 Mazda 3 iTouring 2.0L with an auto transmission, and I was interested in purchasing and installing the corksport SRI. Is this a good place to start with modding? From the forum posts I've been reading and the videos I've been watching, it seems relatively simple even for a complete beginner to install, and they aren't that expensive.

I also have some questions about corksport's exhaust system. Now I understand that this will make the car much louder, (correct me if I'm wrong), but is it actually that much of a difference that I could be hitting the legal dB limit? I also saw that I have the option of no racepipe, with racepipe, and with racepipe and HFC. From what I've been reading about this, once again correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the no racepipe version just increases the airflow and sound, the with racepipe also increases sound and power, and the with racepipe and HFC is similar to the previous but I'm not sure of the function of the HFC.

Is it reasonable for me as a complete beginner to install these myself? Or would it be a better decision to have someone else install them for me?

My car is also my daily driver so how reasonable would it be for me to have both of these in my car?

Last thing I promise, but I live in Pennsylvania and what kind of effect would this have on my emissions? Would I even have a chance of passing with both of these installed?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but all of this is new to me and I can DEFINITELY use some advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts