2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm considering a Mazda3 again. I was VERY close to pulling the trigger on a 2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring late last year but I just knew I wouldn't be happy with the automatic on the 2.5L, and I didn't like the lack of power and gauge cluster layout of the 2.0L. Now, a year later, I've heard the 2.5 can now be had with the 6-speed manual. My dealer seems to be avoiding me (time to go somewhere else perhaps), so as soon as I get the greenlight that it's possible to have the manual on the 2.5, I'll put my deposit down.

I'm coming from a BMW 135i that I've had for 6 years now. It's been a great car, especially once I added some M3 suspension components. :devil2: I'm selling my car because I'm trying to restructure debt and I don't want to be hit with the costs that are coming up on a 6 year old BMW (brake job coming up will set me back $1300, and that's an independent shop, not the dealer - OUCH). Leasing a fully loaded Mazda3 S GT should satisfy my fun and practical side for a while.

Anyway, looking forward to (hopefully) sharing some pics when I take delivery of my Mazda3! See you all around.

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I had an E90 BMW and you'll be happy with the Mazda. I have the 2.0 6MT. I've since installed Eibach springs and 18s with performance tires and the car handles better than my E90, even though my MPGs dropped. :( Something to keep in mind. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts